The backroom staff and the russian substitute warm up.

Tree said:
molineuxblue said:
Your argument is totally flawed. Please list the managerial achievements of all the great players and the playing achievements of all the great managers.

eh? ok, I'll just mention a few that, individually, have more qualifications than the mates put together. Zola, Bruce, Ince, Hoddle, Gullit, Vialli, Wise. etc. All have more managerial achievements just by being managers!! Also achievers as players, names... people that the players may look up to..

People look up to others who earn respect, not necessarily just those that are blessed with more talent. Have you any idea what our players think of the backroom staff, about whether they respect them or not? Or, for example, about whether they would respect Hoddle, Vialli or Gullit more? I'd guess you don't have a clue.

Tree said:
Trigger said:
Mourinho had that world beater Steve Clarke, now with Zola
Benitas has Sammy Lee

and Ferguson has Mike Phelan!

Sorry but I dont see where you are coming from on this.

Where I'm coming from? where you there yesterday or last season. The four of them are a £200m joke.

Phelan? Utd are tactically aware successful.. and he doesn't have them parading around like a pub side before the games.

have been there home and away for over 20 years winning a game doesnt consist of what you do in a warm up!

With Phelan your argument was that the backroom staff we had were nobodies so is flawed when you go on about that world beater Phelan at the rags.

Tree said:
molineuxblue said:
Your argument is totally flawed. Please list the managerial achievements of all the great players and the playing achievements of all the great managers.

eh? ok, I'll just mention a few that, individually, have more qualifications than the mates put together. Zola, Bruce, Ince, Hoddle, Gullit, Vialli, Wise. etc. All have more managerial achievements just by being managers!! Also achievers as players, names... people that the players may look up to..

And what did Mourinho ever achieve as a player?

Or Svennis?

Or Wenger?

Or Fergiescum for that matter?

Cos they're all shit managers aren't they!

Think before you post, eh!

I was more worried that when doing shooting practice before the game Tevez barely hit the target. He's a seriously poor finisher.

e6c2eb6709a085fece723110.L.jpg

Tree said:
molineuxblue said:

Did you post those names to win a bet??

Tree said:
Just logged on for the first time since yesterday's shower of shite..

Not been through the hundreds of Hughes posts and the failings of our Leslie, yes I agree there are many..

however an point that has struck me with Hughes is this. Of all the quality players and managers he has worked with down the years, why the hell are his assistants people we've almost never heard of? Kevin Hitchcock - second rate Chelsea keeper is a strange one. I can really see Shay looking to him for tips!! But the other two are even worse. Eddie Nidzweki???? (don't know if that's the correct spelling and can't be bothered anyhow) Who the? What the? and what qualifications?? Mark Bowen?? Same applies....

I any organisation the staff need to respect the management and there achievements. I can't see that any of our current squad would respect whatever modest achievements these three have between them.

One thing that has struck me this season is the farcical warm up routine before the games. I think it's Mark Bowen leading half the squad at a time in what looks like the 70's Russian subs warm up Soccer AM style! It looks like the kind of farcical shit you would see a load of Sunday morning beer monsters doing these days, not the type of thing you'd expect to see today's mega fit footballers do. I watched the faces of the players on the TV's under the stands yesterday and to a man, they all looked bored shitless. I know a warm up is needed, but it shouldn't be that outdated crap that looks like it sends half the squad to sleep.

Hughes?? Yes he's been there and done it as a player.
BUT. Putting last seasons disgrace aside. This season is slipping away again, the players seem to start the season really well and self motivated, but then the reality kicks in again. Yesterday he couldn't see that we needed to change things at half time yesterday. Tempo too fast?? Barry off for Johnson?? Takes Tevez off for Rigsby, then switches wings?? Two unused Subs again???? No plan B, tactical thinking...
Is it just Hughes? or is he also being failed by his under qualified mates on the bench?

Silly post, had you heard of Mourinho or Wenger as players? No. Next.

Tree said:
...One thing that has struck me this season is the farcical warm up routine before the games. I think it's Mark Bowen leading half the squad at a time in what looks like the 70's Russian subs warm up Soccer AM style!

It doesn't matter whether we or anybody has heard of our many, many backroom boys or not. What matters is are they any bloody good? Now personally I have no idea either way although when one Burnley player had the freedom to throw a picnic unmolested in our box early doors and tried a sort of overhead kick you have to wonder

I liked the Russian 70's bit - mind you a bit of old fashioned PT in black plimsols and baggy shorts never hurt anyone

vonksbignose said:
Tree said:

And what did Mourinho ever achieve as a player?

Or Svennis?

Or Wenger?

Or Fergiescum for that matter?

Cos they're all shit managers aren't they!

Think before you post, eh!

Is it difficult for people to understand a point?? So for this poster along with the others let me explain again sloooowly and see if you get it.

As a team we are devoid of ideas, tactics, imagination and most importantly PASSION!! We now have a team of very high quality with the odd top top player. So the players are not the problem are they??? It's the management. Mourinho would have this team on fire with the quality in here. I'm glad you mentioned him as man management and motivation is what the point is all about. This is exactly what Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie scum are masters at! Brian Clough was also a genius in this area.

Mark Hughes was known as mr quite and nice guy off the pitch at Utd. Bruce even said last season that he wasn't a friend of his and never was. He used to come in and go home, not really mixing to any extent with the Utd squad of the time. So not gregarious, one of the lads or a leader of men...

Mark Hughes and his back room staff have had a chance last season, and another this season, but they are failing again. Last season, it wasn't his fault, as it wasn't his squad?? This season it is his squad by anyone's definition. Since the rag game as a team have been poor, the management has been poor and the results have been poor. Draws against Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham and Burnley are not good enough, we should have 10 points from those games, not 4.

I said players or managers. All the managers mentioned, ex players or not, were given chances at lower clubs and achieved before. Hughes and his backroom staff have had a chance at City, please don't say he was a world beater at Blackburn!! He did ok, just as Frank Clarke did at Forest!! But sitting through that on Saturday and looking at the lack of ideas from the management team is just last season's mistakes repeated.

Maybe we'll just wait for another humiliating FA cup defeat in the 3rd round before the point comes home.

Fergiescum?? The whole country can hear him bleating about yesterdays result. He's a tw@t, but that's passion and his players respond to that! Do you think our management team would be doing the same?

Players respect them? Well Elano and Ben didn't think a lot last season, and Ben was a Hughes signing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.