The backroom staff and the russian substitute warm up.

Tree said:
Of all the quality players and managers he has worked with down the years, why the hell are his assistants people we've almost never heard of? Kevin Hitchcock - second rate Chelsea keeper is a strange one. I can really see Shay looking to him for tips!! But the other two are even worse. Eddie Nidzweki???? (don't know if that's the correct spelling and can't be bothered anyhow) Who the? What the? and what qualifications?? Mark Bowen?? Same applies....

With the greatest respect, that's garbage.

Hitchcock is a very highly rated GK coach, one of the best in the business is our Kevin.

Niedzwiecki is a former international keeper, and coached at both Arsenal and Chelsea before hooking up with Hughes when he got the Welsh job.

Bowen played for various clubs including Norwich and Charlton. He worked under Steve Bruce at Birmingham and Crystal Palace, and won promotions with them, then he turned down the Norwich managers job to work with Hughes at Blackburn.

All three staff will have their FA Advanced Coaching Licence and UEFA 'A' Coaching Award, which makes them amongst the most qualified in the game. All have worked in the Premiership for numerous years, and the international scene with Wales.

Just because you don't recognise their names (which probably shows your age, I'm sure Bowen played against City for Charlton a few years back), doesn't mean they aren't fantastic coaches.

You also realise that Mourinho has never played football at any particular level and only got in to football as an English translator for Bobby Robson at Benfica, as he was the local school teacher? He didn't turn out too bad.

I think you are wide of the mark here mate (no pun intended).

I sit in level 3 east stand in teh middle of 18 yard line and half way line, so watch the away team warm up, and have some seen some real different stuff.

I dont believe that the warm up affects the players mind set one iota, its about getting them physically ready for the rigours of the match.

Keep the faith.

Dobsy87 said:
I don't think his fitness regime can be questioned. His Blackburn team was the fittest in the league, they could press continusouly for 90 minutes week after week. I remember watching them and thinking 'wow, they never stop running.'

As for his tactical nouse. Well, it's one thing not making the right decisions at the right time. But to make changes that actively hurt the team is something else.

Why don't we press teams then? Why aren't we fit enough, and switched on enough to prevent Fulham coming back from 2-0 down, and the might footballing powerhouse that is Burnley to score an equaliser three minutes from time? Joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.