The Badge..

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
The new one is okay, it's just the stars which are embarrassing. The old badge looks archaic.

Surely they're not embarrassing any more...? ;-)

As for the old badge, I along with most oldies preferred the old badge and wanted it back... But I think it's too late now and there's no good fucking about with your logo every few years.

Time to accept the current one and move on IMO.

Didn't we have to change badges anyway as the guy from the old club shop owned the copyrights to the circular badge?

I like the new badge. I didn't at first but now I understand the meaning of what things represent on it, it's grown on me.
The 3 stars are somewhat stupid as we're now playing regular European football and these tend to represent trophy wins.

were the stars added to 'give it a continental feel' ?
think i read that somewhere at the time.

doesn't a star represent 10titles in Italy etc ?
i always thought the stars we're a bit bollocks, but on the whole i like the badge, everything represents something.

on the other hand i like the old badge as well, it looks great on the older shirts.

at least we never dropped the FC or football club like those idiots

Yeah the stars were added to make the club seem more European. I can't imagine a group of people sitting round a table when designing the new badge, and deciding that this was a good idea. We can blag that each star represents one title now, but I doubt they will add another star whenever we win it next.

I love both, im more familiar with the eagle badge, being 20 but i love the retro feel of the circular one and it looks amazing on merchandise, to me both represent manchester city.

Would i like a change to go back to the older one? Yeah maybe try it for a season and see how we all feel.

As long as we've got one of those two or the manc coat of arms (which should have been used at wembley final 2011) for cup finals im not fussed.

Why Always Ste said:
Didn't we have to change badges anyway as the guy from the old club shop owned the copyrights to the circular badge?

I like the new badge. I didn't at first but now I understand the meaning of what things represent on it, it's grown on me.
The 3 stars are somewhat stupid as we're now playing regular European football and these tend to represent trophy wins.

The thing about this trend to use stars to represent European Cup/CL/World Cup wins is quite new, especially in this country. Certainly after we put stars on our badge... No?

Do the rags put stars on their CL shirts? Do Liverpool? And if so, since when?

How long has it been fashionable in Europe? It's not something I remember teams doing years ago. IIRC it started in Italy but it's not like there's a FIFA/UEFA regulation.

To me the badge has an Eagle (as used in some Manchester CoAs) carrying the MCFC shield (Ship = Canal and 3 stripes = 3 rivers), at night... What's the problem?

Without the stars on top the badge wouldn't look right.

Although if they swapped the stars for bees then it might be better I suppose as again they're on the Manchester CoA, but still, so what?

1.618034 said:
Why Always Ste said:

The thing about this trend to use stars to represent European Cup/CL/World Cup wins is quite new, especially in this country. Certainly after we put stars on our badge... No?

How long has it been fashionable in Europe? It's not something I remember teams doing years ago. IIRC it started in Italy but it's not like there's a FIFA/UEFA regulation.

To me the badge has an Eagle (as used in some Manchester CoAs) carrying the MCFC shield (Ship = Canal and 3 stripes = 3 rivers), at night... What's the problem?

Although if they swapped the stars for bees then it might be better I suppose as again they're on the Manchester CoA, but still, so what?
Like Noel Gallagher once quipped "when did you last see an Eagle in Manchester"! ? Exactly!!!

1.618034 said:
Why Always Ste said:

254vec6.png

Looks alright without the stars I'd say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.