The Badge..

Leave it as it is too late to change it now and anyway whatever era you grew up in I think everyone would agree the club is moving forward so go with the flow

bluemoon risin' said:
1.618034 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Didn't we have to change badges anyway as the guy from the old club shop owned the copyrights to the circular badge?

I like the new badge. I didn't at first but now I understand the meaning of what things represent on it, it's grown on me.
The 3 stars are somewhat stupid as we're now playing regular European football and these tend to represent trophy wins.

The thing about this trend to use stars to represent European Cup/CL/World Cup wins is quite new, especially in this country. Certainly after we put stars on our badge... No?

Do the rags put stars on their CL shirts? Do Liverpool? And if so, since when?

How long has it been fashionable in Europe? It's not something I remember teams doing years ago. IIRC it started in Italy but it's not like there's a FIFA/UEFA regulation.

To me the badge has an Eagle (as used in some Manchester CoAs) carrying the MCFC shield (Ship = Canal and 3 stripes = 3 rivers), at night... What's the problem?

Without the stars on top the badge wouldn't look right.

Although if they swapped the stars for bees then it might be better I suppose as again they're on the Manchester CoA, but still, so what?
Like Noel Gallagher once quipped "when did you last see an Eagle in Manchester"! ? Exactly!!!

When was the last time you saw a ship sailing down the Ship Canal?

Maybe we should have rain clouds on it instead?

;-)

tyqmvko said:
1.618034 said:
Why Always Ste said:
Didn't we have to change badges anyway as the guy from the old club shop owned the copyrights to the circular badge?

I like the new badge. I didn't at first but now I understand the meaning of what things represent on it, it's grown on me.
The 3 stars are somewhat stupid as we're now playing regular European football and these tend to represent trophy wins.

The thing about this trend to use stars to represent European Cup/CL/World Cup wins is quite new, especially in this country. Certainly after we put stars on our badge... No?

How long has it been fashionable in Europe? It's not something I remember teams doing years ago. IIRC it started in Italy but it's not like there's a FIFA/UEFA regulation.

To me the badge has an Eagle (as used in some Manchester CoAs) carrying the MCFC shield (Ship = Canal and 3 stripes = 3 rivers), at night... What's the problem?

Although if they swapped the stars for bees then it might be better I suppose as again they're on the Manchester CoA, but still, so what?
254vec6.png

Looks alright without the stars I'd say.
Looks better i think.

As for the stars, what were the club thinking issuing each S/C holde a shiny tin star last season. Anyone still wear it? I'd of thought it would be more suited to a leather clad dominitrix than your average footy fan!

ell said:
I prefer the new one but I guess it depends on which era you grew up in

Completely agree with you on this, and i think your right about the era thing too! - If your older you may have more of an affinity with the old badge.. However as the club grows and we become more of a world wide brand, we will be recognized for the current badge and i'm sure many wouldn't recognize the old badge.. So from a marketing&PR point of view the new badge must stay

I have said it before, and I'll say it again.

The current badge is much more modernized and updated. It is much more visually appealing which in turns helps with our club's marketing and reputation. With the much more appealing outlook, the badge can effectively usher in younger generations of fans as well as look like a top-tier quality side in the footballing world.

I hear comments that the old badge was much more relatable but unless the look is going to be updated, it is not ever going to have the same effect as the new badge.

It's all about marketing and PR.

I quite like the new badge but wished from day one that the wings had a harder edge to them like the Lazio badge.

1.618034 said:
Why Always Ste said:

I think we should build a Tesco beside the canal then somehow add Tesco into our badge.

bluemoon risin' said:
tyqmvko said:
1.618034 said:

254vec6.png

Looks better i think.

As for the stars, what were the club thinking issuing each S/C holde a shiny tin star last season. Anyone still wear it? I'd of thought it would be more suited to a leather clad dominitrix than your average footy fan!

They found, after extensive research that City's fanbase was made up largely of bondage fetishists (87.3%); hence the star. It also explains the laces.

cheddar404 said:
bluemoon risin' said:
tyqmvko said:
254vec6.png

Looks better i think.

They found, after extensive research that City's fanbase was made up largely of bondage fetishists (87.3%); hence the star. It also explains the laces.

Good job they didn't offer us the laces when Pearce was manager, or there'd be thousands hanging from the rafters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.