The battle for 3rd place

Is it just me or would it not be a bad thing to miss out, we could fully concentrate on the league and domestic cup competition's. As for players won't sign unless we're in champions league I don't buy it PEPs name alone would attract them I'm not that arsed about champions league to be honest

Club can't afford to miss out on the Champions League financially.

Both in regards to TV money, sponsorship deals and ticket sales.

The people upstairs see the Champions League as the be all and end all when it comes to the club brand.

Club can't afford to miss out on the Champions League financially.

Both in regards to TV money, sponsorship deals and ticket sales.

The people upstairs see the Champions League as the be all and end all when it comes to the club brand.
Yes I understand that but Chelsea have prospered this year through missing out imo

I think a lot of fans would prefer to fall out and go all out for the league, however the club won't see it that way.

The Champions League is the absolute be all and end all for those who run the club.

Financially, in regards to sponsorship, player attraction, it's absolutely massive.

Massively massive.

After a tough and disappointing week I can see Boro being a massive banana skin.

It's the type of game I can see us thinking we can just turn up.

*sniff*
*sniff*
*sniff*

Yes I understand that but Chelsea have prospered this year through missing out imo

We would still be in the Europa and as a club we can't just field a B team, it would be incredibly bad PR from us as it would be seen as arrogant considering we have won nothing in Europe for over 40 years.

The Champions League is more important than the Premier Legue to the ones running the club. That's the trophy that takes the club to another level.

It'll have hit their profile as well.
Maybe PB could put it better but they been walking a tightrope for some time. Winning the league doesn't give you tons more money than if you finish down the table. We do need CL footy and also eke them lot out again. We are growing and all this fanny talk abut pep is shit etc is just pathetic

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.