The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini's legacy depends on securing a top 4 finish, unless he can do the impossible and win the CL.

Achieve top 4 and it's not really a bad 3 years. Miss out to that United side and it's a huge failure.

Fuck it, who cares really?how many of you guys will start following Man U next season if we fail to get a spot in the champions league? ;-)

Very true - but to predict a win at Chelsea is interesting. Hope we do but let's not celebrate a top four place just yet. Lots of work still to do.
We drew away against PSG, I don't see why we shouldn't be confident against a Chelsea team just waiting for the season to end.

we are2 points of arse and they have to come here why are we looking behind ,i know our record against the top 6 it started a year ago against arsenal and it will end against arsenal
Because we've only just won back to back games for the first time since October, we averaged less than a goal a game away from home before the last match & can't beat any decent team in PL.

Would love to be optimistic & say we'll come 3rd but we're certainly in a close race for 4th as I see it, the results of this weekend were essentially what we needed to happen to maintain our position as favourites for 4th. Arsenal play Palace, WBA, Sunderland, Norwich & Villa alongside playing us, we have Chelsea (A), Sot'on (A), even Stoke, Newcastle & Swansea are tougher than their fixtures - to match their results & then beat them (something we haven't come close to doing against a side in top 6) seems highly unlikely.

Anything less than a win at Chelsea will see United breathing down our necks again. We've still got some serious work to do to make sure of top 4.

We drew away against PSG, I don't see why we shouldn't be confident against a Chelsea team just waiting for the season to end.
They'll be up for any game against us, and their form's been better than ours since Hiddink came in.
We shouldn't fear them, but we shouldn't underestimate them either. This is a hell of a tough fixture for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.