The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and like you have said so. He basically seems to have got the huff that he is being replaced and it was human nature he would prioritise his CV selling himself to another PL club (as the press say he seems to have turned down a job in South America with City creating our franchise there and wants to manage another PL team such as Everton).

A CL semi final helps sell that as he ticks all the boxes in his 3 years - title, cup, Champs League success up to SF. What mid table PL team would not think that was gold dust).

So in a personal sense you cannot blame him for doing this if he really feels he should be staying on.

What is much less easy to understand is how stupidly the management above him seem to have let this happen when the signs were there for weeks. They appear to have believed in their own omnipotence and that City could not be bad enough to lose top 4.

The look in the eyes of the big two towards the end of the match yesterday was one of someone who has just suddenly woke up weeks late and figured out what we all did long ago. And that is worrying for two men in their position who have presumably promised Pep something very different.

The media today are full of the awful City fans walking out on Pellegrini and yet I have not seen one yet suggest he has done any of the above things. Maybe like our top brass they think it inconceivable as well.

But I genuinely believe this is why many City fans did not say thank you. They distrust the way he has managed the team in recent months to the extent that some are suggesting sabotage. I really do not think it was that. But I do think that his priorities wandered at the expense of our league position and nobody at the club seems to have seen the risks that he was taking.

I think you are doing him a disservice. He doesn't set the priorities, his bosses do. The looks on their faces yesterday were of two men who are coming to realise they have some awkward explaining to do.

I think you are doing him a disservice. He doesn't set the priorities, his bosses do. The looks on their faces yesterday were of two men who are coming to realise they have some awkward explaining to do.

I hope you are right because I like Pellegrini and want to think fondly of his successes.

But his recent team selections have been so baffling it is hard to see him having really had some matches fully in his focus because of the Champions League.

If that really was an instruction from up top then they are idiots as rule one is you do not mortgage next season on the back of this one.

That is how you plan your way into obscurity.

Will not happen to City, fortunately. But these men are supposed to be business whizzes. Surely they had to know they needed to protect being in the CL next season irrespective.

If we are not in it all the momentum gained this year evaporates and we are starting over in 2017 - 18.

And it more or less forces us to go for the Europa league next season as it will be double failure if we crash out early given that we are bound to be favourite. Given that the past winner cannot be as they are not in it next season but go to the CL.

I hope you are right because I like Pellegrini and want to think fondly of his successes.

But his recent team selections have been so baffling it is hard to see him having really had some matches fully in his focus because of the Champions League.

If that really was an instruction from up top then they are idiots as rule one is you do not mortgage next season on the back of this one.

That is how you plan your way into obscurity.

Will not happen to City, fortunately. But these men are supposed to be business whizzes. Surely they had to know they needed to protect being in the CL next season irrespective.

If we are not in it all the momentum gained this year evaporates and we are starting over in 2017 - 18.

And it more or less forces us to go for the Europa league next season as it will be double failure if we crash out early given that we are bound to be favourite. Given that the past winner cannot be as they are not in it next season but go to the CL.

Well they either set the priorities or they didn't stop Pellegrini seting the priorities himself. In either scenario, they are culpable in my book.

Well they either set the priorities or they didn't stop Pellegrini seting the priorities himself. In either scenario, they are culpable in my book.

I agree that they are at least as much to blame. The look on their faces was one of men who just had no clue until that moment that a catastrophe was unfolding - despite it having done so in full view and very slow motion across the past few months.

Perhaps it is a shame that someone like Liverpool did not batter us 8-0. That might have woken them up from their daze early enough to kick someone into taking action a few weeks ago.

I agree that they are at least as much to blame. The look on their faces was one of men who just had no clue until that moment that a catastrophe was unfolding - despite it having done so in full view and very slow motion across the past few months.

Perhaps it is a shame that someone like Liverpool did not batter us 8-0. That might have woken them up from their daze early enough to kick someone into taking action a few weeks ago.

Never mind. I have taken action to get them out of this mess. I just hope they appreciate it :)

FFP Failure: Leicester Win Title
FFP Victory: City drop out of top four

I think we are all a little jealous that we didn't win a title off of hard work and determination, and truthfully, we needed a little kick to remind us that money doesn't buy everything (although the cynic in me wants to point out the cash injected to Leicester had something to do with their rise as well). It has become evident that our players have not been up for a full season of football for some time now, and that Pellegrini was a lame-duck manager since he started. He served the club well during our financial fair play crisis, and managed to squeeze the last drops of blood from a rock in my opinion. Yes, we could have done better, but that is the past now. Let's just get 3 from the Swans, and hope the hammers and cherries can give us a hand. If not, it's not the end of the world.

What could they do about Pellegrini setting the priorities at the business end of the season? Once it was clear that he was going to be allowed to continue until the summer regardless of results then really how can they then expect to dictate to him where the priorities lie? Short of fucking him off with a handful of matches remaining, I don't see how they had any remaining leverage to make him bow to their demands. They are culpable in my view for not taking action many months ago when it was pretty clear to anyone with eyes in their fucking heads that we were seriously struggling to get away with the "muddle through with Pellegrini till Pep arrives" plan. We had a huge warning towards the end of last season and got away with it with a late run, I cannot imagine why when the same pattern of shit performances and results started again this season (after the briefly good start) that they didn't take action.

martial out along with darmian...i think the rags will take a max of 4out of 6 points...i am more worried weather we can at swansea at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.