The Battle of Boundary Park - Good (Bad) Friday 1984

pretty certain it was some fencing ?, or was that to the left of the away fans, i ended up climbing up it , i was pissed and maybe it was ladders great day out we were on a coach from the kenilworth, and we used the head rest covers as hats, you could se all the "hats" around the ground, we had city, liverpool, united and non football fans on the coach, just a jolly boys outing, after the match we ended up on a dual carriageway being attacked by police dogs lol
We must have many mutual kenny friends

pretty certain it was some fencing ?, or was that to the left of the away fans, i ended up climbing up it , i was pissed and maybe it was ladders great day out we were on a coach from the kenilworth, and we used the head rest covers as hats, you could se all the "hats" around the ground, we had city, liverpool, united and non football fans on the coach, just a jolly boys outing, after the match we ended up on a dual carriageway being attacked by police dogs lol
This was slightly before my time but i know of loads of lads that were at that match that went with the kenny who were a mix of all sorts of fans from different clubs.
indeed my brother in law (RIP) was a big red and was there and told me of ‘the ladder’. I think i may be able to see him on the photo that someone has posted!
i also know of a well known cheadle hulme nut case (a blue) who ran the length of the pitch into the chaddy end.

Clearly fake. The world and his dog knows full well that we were only founded in september 2008. I'm surprised at a mod starting and encouraging this nonsense. Then again, looking at the mod in question.....
Life only began in 2008, so no Morrissey. He was just a figment of a deranged imagination. Isnt life grand.

Same, me and my brother in the open away end watching the wild west scenes with glee. We were only 13/14 at the time and got the bus from Oldham Street in town, and tagged along with some of the older Leve nutters who got off somewhere near Chadderton and marched en masse to the ground, right across the middle of a football match taking place in the park near the stadium.
Seem to remember a copper laid out unconscious on the pitch after being hit by a flying seat from the stand on the right, where the ladder was nicked and used to stage a Pirates of the Caribbean style hostile boarding of the upper tier.
Didn’t Billy McNeill come out to try and calm the City fans down at some stage?
Yes was in the away end probably the quietest place to view the carnage. The Chaddy End after the game was surreal with huge pitched battles against the incongruous backdrop of Lionel Ritchie playing I love you over the tannoy.

Saw a hot dog stand kicked over and there was burgers, hot dogs and onions everywhere.
I was on top of that mobile burger stand screaming with boiling hot fucking water running down my leg. My mate got swung around by a copper just because he was trapped on top of it. We escaped and Legged it down the terrace and mingled, Went back a couple of minutes later to see a Picasso style burger stand with wheels at obscure angles and cheap burgers and onions all over the terrace.
eeeh appy days!

I was in the City end that day. Watching Oldham and City fighting each other at the back of the Chaddy End was sureal.

Both sets of fans steaming into each other. Kicking the f*** out of each other. Only stopping to regroup and to have a short rest, before going again, and again.

There was none of this bouncing around bullsh*t, shouting at each other, and nothing happend. It was like modern day Russian Hooligan fights in the woods, where 2 groups of lads meet up, go for it, and the last group of lads standing wins the day.

As for the ladders at Oldham. They are part of City's away history, just like Barnsley, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Notts County, Stoke City, and York City, etc, away.

Last edited:
Same, me and my brother in the open away end watching the wild west scenes with glee. We were only 13/14 at the time and got the bus from Oldham Street in town, and tagged along with some of the older Leve nutters who got off somewhere near Chadderton and marched en masse to the ground, right across the middle of a football match taking place in the park near the stadium.
Seem to remember a copper laid out unconscious on the pitch after being hit by a flying seat from the stand on the right, where the ladder was nicked and used to stage a Pirates of the Caribbean style hostile boarding of the upper tier.
Didn’t Billy McNeill come out to try and calm the City fans down at some stage?

I was born and brought up in Leve(shulme). It was mostly City with a few United.

The Barlow Road, Gordon Avenue, and Lloyd Road lads split Leve up. They knew each other, and got on with each other.

The only trouble was with Gorton.

I was there but was not happy with what happened. I felt the same at half time against Notts County when Billy Mac came on the pitch to calm everyone down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.