The Beatles Quiz!

Correct, Good knowledge if you didn't, only found this out a yr or two ago, when I listened to all 30* odd hours of Mark Lewisohn's Pt1 of his Beatles history, if you want definite this is it. Pt2 not out yet as far as I know, Pt1 only takes us up to the release of the 1st record.

* Edit 43 hours

Reading the book, love it

Correct, Good knowledge if you didn't, only found this out a yr or two ago, when I listened to all 30* odd hours of Mark Lewisohn's Pt1 of his Beatles history, if you want definite this is it. Pt2 not out yet as far as I know, Pt1 only takes us up to the release of the 1st record.

* Edit 43 hours
Lucky enough to have read a lot of early material on the history of the Beatles albeit much of it is disputed as being inaccurate by the likes of Paul McCartney regarding the comings and goings with John Lennon and Stuart Sutcliffe and Lionel Bart for example.

Last edited:
Maintainin 31
urban genie 18
bigstanhibbert 16
Shrimp 14
Bill Walker 13
Shirley 11
Millo 6
Shuffs 5
Mad Eyed Screamer 3
Whichonespink 2
JOGAMIGMOG 2
norman 2
Prestwich_Blue 2
David El Mago Silva 1
dublinblue12 1
Adebayor's Skidmarks 1
Mr Blue Moon 1
mancity1 1
Exeter Blue I am here 1
meltonblue 1
Chris In London 1

131) The sound of which band, described by their guitarist as raw and dirty, was Paul trying to match with Helter Skelter ?

Just means he is tipped off by Mark as to when he is posting the queations....
I have no chance being 5 hours behind unless I stay up all through the night waiting for the next question......
Which i wont do as i dont know the answers..... the 3 I got right I googled them, er I mean my mate did and passed on the answer.....
really the question for the next day time of posting should be announced day before, ever since I went back in work after the summer my ability to read the questions in time has vanished, and tbf I had an advantage being off and could read them any time, now by the time they are posed I am busy grafting ;-)

Last edited:
Just means he is tipped off by Mark as to when he is posting the queations....
I have no chance being 5 hours behind unless I stay up all through the night waiting for the next question......
Which i wont do as i dont know the answers..... the 3 I got right I googled them, er I mean my mate did and passed on the answer.....
Bollocks, like all of the members we post when we can. Often I miss the question by minutes, or hours.
P'raps you could start a quiz about Misery.

Question 1.

Who did Steven push a note under another artists their hotel door about writing a song together?

Hint - Steven recorded one of their songs.

Bollocks, like all of the members we post when we can. Often I miss the question by minutes, or hours.
P'raps you could start a quiz about Misery.

Question 1.

Who did Steven push a note under another artists their hotel door about writing a song together?

Hint - Steven recorded one of their songs.
Well said.

I tend to rise up very early with the breaking daylight n start my workout (gym or park), get home log-on whilst the tubs running over a combination of epsom eucalyptus + lavender n himalayan bath salts, check me emails etc then browse 'off topic', there's been plenty of times the quiz question has been posted as i'm logging on n if not already answered i'll have a pop, plenty of times i'm simply not quick enough.

On other occasions the OP has posted up at random times of the day, think that works better for folk outside of GMT.

Well said.

I tend to rise up very early with the breaking daylight n start my workout (gym or park), get home log-on whilst the tubs running over a combination of epsom eucalyptus + lavender n himalayan bath salts, check me emails etc then browse 'off topic', there's been plenty of times the quiz question has been posted as i'm logging on n if not already answered i'll have a pop, plenty of times i'm simply not quick enough.

On other occasions the OP has posted up at random times of the day, think that works better for folk outside of GMT.
Many of the questions are good entries for finding out more about what went on behind the music and for me that is more interesting to see who gets the answer first albeit that is harmless fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.