The beginning of a change for the worst at City

BillyShears said:
The logic used by some supporters in this thread really and truly does make my head spin. Next thing you know, there'll be people on here demanding Sheikh Mansour pay off their mortgage and put their kids through Uni because they've had a season ticket since 1968 and have 'earned' it.

The club have, and continue to bend over backwards to try and accommodate all City supporters regardless of their financial situation - hell, we had 250 pound season tickets made available last summer. I highly doubt that anyone who bought one is complaining about being 'priced out' of watching City.

Billy does have a very good point, as usual.

SteSteez said:
So what does this have to do with ticket pricing?
He could have McFc have the cheapest ticketing prices in the PremierLeague and still technically be making money off city.... increases in Seasoncards is just pure greedyness as some suit fucker will be earning more commision if he/she increases match day sales.

unfortunately, we have to be seen to be "balancing the books" under FIFA rules....any money city makes has to be seen to be through the club and can't come from outside sources, such as mansour putting his hand in his pocket and giving lump sums to city.

corporate seats generate around £300-400/person on a matchday...whereas the likes of me and you will only spend around £50

unfortunately, the corporates will take precedence.

i remember about 20 years ago, my mate was complaining about the 30% increase in manyoo season tickets and manyoo issued a statement saying the increase was due to 5,000 additional seats being introduced. My mate bought the crap and got his new ST....it was only 6 months later that everyone reaslied of the 5,000 seats built....2000 were corporate, 2000 were for overseas OSC and only 1000 went back to the supporters

pag said:
With safe standing, everyone would win - you can put the corporates in their padded seats and whatnot, there can be some mid-priced seats for people who want to watch the game and the people who want to sing and get pissed up get cheaper tickets since more people can be packed in a standing section.

It's worked in other countries, we just need our government to allow it

I would also be very much in favour of this.

Especially as we have the south stand and 109-111 doing it unsafely at present where there are seats.

Went to Chelski a couple of seasons ago and vowed id never go back - shite area for away fans - difficult to get in and out and it was the most expsnsive seat that season- we got stuffed 4-1 too so that did not help.
We are getting value now at City no one can deny- and you have to pay for that- it will be worth every penny no doubt.
I paid 1/6 to get into the scoreboard end at Maine road in the sixties and that seemed ahelluva lot then.
My daughter has benfited from a cheap season card for some years and mine has been really good value-
I would make sacrifices to keep going but if anyone is giving up thier tickets in level2 let me know Id grab them and let you use them when I cannot- I live 200 miles away now so it's a long journey!

*singingtheblues* said:
The majority of us aren't making any unreasonable demands, you'd realise that if you actually bothered to read the thread in any great detail.

I've read the thread in detail, and you and WNRH come off as proper entitled little boys. People like you constantly ignore everything the club is doing to make sure that people from all walks of life can continue to go and see City, as you continue to view the club through some ridiculous 'working class hero' prism. Just because you can't afford to go to a game, buy a season ticket, etc. that doesn't automatically mean the club don't give a shit about all supporters who struggle to afford to go to games. You are advocating that Sheikh Mansour subsidize your match day experience - why exactly? You say one day soon the cheapest ticket in the ground will be 48 pounds. How do you know that for a fact? You also completely ignored my point about 250 pound season tickets which were made available last summer.

Your OP refers to day trippers, Marseille fans, corporate types etc. Guess what, they have as much right to go and see City as you. I'd rather the club continue it's CITC project, continue to regenerate East Manchester, and ignore small minded supporters who can't see past the end of their own nose...

allan harper said:
£10 a week put away season ticket sorted.

I've been doing this since the start of the Season. Well, about £30/40 a month. May relocate from 206 though depending on prices but won't be too bad.

BillyShears said:
*singingtheblues* said:
The majority of us aren't making any unreasonable demands, you'd realise that if you actually bothered to read the thread in any great detail.

I've read the thread in detail, and you and WNRH come off as proper entitled little boys. People like you constantly ignore everything the club is doing to make sure that people from all walks of life can continue to go and see City, as you continue to view the club through some ridiculous 'working class hero' prism. Just because you can't afford to go to a game, buy a season ticket, etc. that doesn't automatically mean the club don't give a shit about all supporters who struggle to afford to go to games. You are advocating that Sheikh Mansour subsidize your match day experience - why exactly? You say one day soon the cheapest ticket in the ground will be 48 pounds. How do you know that for a fact? You also completely ignored my point about 250 pound season tickets which were made available last summer.

Your OP refers to day trippers, Marseille fans, corporate types etc. Guess what, they have as much right to go and see City as you. I'd rather the club continue it's CITC project, continue to regenerate East Manchester, and ignore small minded supporters who can't see past the end of their own nose...

Very well said young man.

Re the £48, that is nothing, I was arguing on another thread with the lot of them (and the usually level headed Cleavers included) where they were claiming City will have £100 normal tickets within two years.

It is bollocks.

Christ i'm sick of hearing about this. Where do some people seriously think the money is coming from are they expecting the Sheikh to just bankroll the entire club because he can, to give the fans the cheapest tickets in the land? The money has to come from somewhere, have some of you not thought for one second the income from the corporates will allow season tickets to remain at some of the best value in the country???

The ignorance i've seen here is astonishing. I've heard moaning about the corporates moaning about the atmosphere it's madness. We are on the brink of qualifying for Champions League football, frigging Champions League football ffs! We've never qualified for it before let alone had a run and people are turning their noses up because of the fucking prices. Jesus wept!

I worked in Barcelona for 2 years and i paid sometimes in excess of 100 Euros for a ticket and i didn't care because what i got was watching world class players like Iniesta, Xavi, Messi. I paid 65 quid a few months back for a Barcelona shirt and you wonder why the biggest clubs are the richest ones! Juventus at home for example, Patrick Vieira and Del Pierio were on City's pitch, two of the most legendary players you could think of and people were moaning about Vieira not running i mean christ a few years ago Vieira was Kevin Horlock and Del Pierio was Bob Taylor. Some people have no respect for football as a game anymore and it's reflected in the many Dzeko is shit threads and whatnot that sprout up here, its doing my tree in how little people on here really know about football.

Seriously some fans need to get a grip, this is soon to become the most successful period in this clubs history EVER and you lot want to moan about the prices instead of saving up every penny like i'll be doing to enjoy it. If you want to do the former then please Preston near me are offering tickets at around a fiver, you just have to put up with relegation i guess and just general shitness, i for one don't want that. I want my future kids to grow up blues and to respect our history but still enjoy a period of some of the best football this club has EVER seen because i never had that my best memory of City is a certain division 2 play off final which although was a great day it's quite depressing really.

If you aren't prepared to support this club no matter what the price or the cost we can go back to being mediocre, paying mediocre prices, using the same shit excuse that 15 years ago we had attendances of 30k in division 2 and carry on lying in United's shadow.

Do you want this theme to play at Eastlands every season or not??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dP0vDJ_aPE[/youtube]

interesting discussion, both arguments are valid imo, but have to agree that you need to wait until the prices are announced.

as a relative outsider (for many reasons), will just add that from what I have seen in terms of community projects, free coaching at half term (city have also sent coaches to my sons under 5s for development), links with schools, developing family experience, I do not expect many people to be priced out.

think its more likely as suggested that there still be a variety if prices accross the board, but yes some will be priced out due to availability of the cheaper tickets, and again as suggested the proposed corporate facilities will be subsidising the cheaper options.

when asked about my season tickets by people back in cardiff, they are suprised that my sons u16 ticket is same price is exactly the same and my adult one is marginally more expensive. compare that quality between mcfc and ccfc and they are worlds apart, very good value for money. also i expect if the bluebirds finally make the premiership, no one there will be suprised by a further increase, as you move up it gets more expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.