The beginning of a change for the worst at City

People are constant with the opinion that Sheik Mansour is around these parts purely to make profit from McFc itself, which means making money on ticket sales/merchandising/advertising and so on....

This is a laugh - he bought our club sorry he bought their club to create awareness for other projects he has more of a vested interest in, such as his homeland and its tourism which has massively increased since he took over City.

So he is making money on McFc but through other businesses.... Tourists are watching football - maybe even the scum - but they are becoming more aware of brands such as Etihad and destinations to spend their disposable income at such as Abu Dhabi.

He might run City at an operational loss but if you look at his other businesses - their flourising with the exposure created by adding a Prem Club with megastar players to his portfolio.

So what does this have to do with ticket pricing?
He could have McFc have the cheapest ticketing prices in the PremierLeague and still technically be making money off city.... increases in Seasoncards is just pure greedyness as some suit fucker will be earning more commision if he/she increases match day sales.

The logic used by some supporters in this thread really and truly does make my head spin. Next thing you know, there'll be people on here demanding Sheikh Mansour pay off their mortgage and put their kids through Uni because they've had a season ticket since 1968 and have 'earned' it.

The club have, and continue to bend over backwards to try and accommodate all City supporters regardless of their financial situation - hell, we had 250 pound season tickets made available last summer. I highly doubt that anyone who bought one is complaining about being 'priced out' of watching City.

BillyShears said:
The logic used by some supporters in this thread really and truly does make my head spin. Next thing you know, there'll be people on here demanding Sheikh Mansour pay off their mortgage and put their kids through Uni because they've had a season ticket since 1968 and have 'earned' it.

The club have, and continue to bend over backwards to try and accommodate all City supporters regardless of their financial situation - hell, we had 250 pound season tickets made available last summer. I highly doubt that anyone who bought one is complaining about being 'priced out' of watching City.

Would you like to quote those said posters then?

The majority of us aren't making any unreasonable demands, you'd realise that if you actually bothered to read the thread in any great detail.

BillyShears said:

^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Exactly Billy, the only thing driving increased ticket prices in some areas is the 'need' to meet FIFA's FFP regulations - that really has nothing to do with the club.

Sheikh Mansour did not buy City to 'make' money directly out of the club. He will never see a return on the £500 million he has already spent from tickets sales corporate or not.

However, he wants and needs City to continue to be in the top 4/5 clubs in the prem to give Abu Dhabi the profile that he probably wants.

I am 100% sure that had the FFP regulations not come in we would have been the best value club in the premier league.

That said £99 season tickets for U16's £250 quid season cards show that they are doing their utmost to try and accommodate those fans on a lesser budget.

I understand the feelings of the OP's post but to direct his ire at the club and board is the wrong target. We have the best owners and board you could wish for.

Attempts to increase corporate are a necessary evil. That's where the money comes from for other major clubs and that's what we're trying to be. The other model is the Real Madrid/Barcelona model where the burden on the average fan is far far worse, or the even more horrific Arsenal model which has successfully combined both.

As for the club being evil to ordinary fans. I've done the numbers on it before. Since the new ownership, the average money taken from season ticket holders has decreased. It's probably gone back up to 2008 levels would be my guess based on the implications of the family stand for this season. I'll do the numbers again when the accounts for this season are released. Cup tickets are still very cheap as well. Merchandise prices are very reasonable in my opinion. Last season we had home shirts down to £10 or £15, and I think they were part of the 2 for £20 offer. They're down to £30 now for this season and all the retro shirts are £30 and very good quality. There's a lot of stuff on sale too. You can get decent training polos 2 for £20. Catering inside the stadium is outsourced, and was outsourced under Thaksin. That just leaves City Square, yes it's expensive, and they could be better on that front but that's the sum total of my personal pricing grievances. As for single match tickets, yes, they are expensive but I suspect primarily that's to get some revenue from away fans. We get no favours from most other clubs, especially those in London who can actually afford it, so we shouldn't forego that opportunity either. I do feel sorry for those blues who can only afford to come to the odd match but if that's the case give the league a miss and come to cup games. The club did at least provide the option of the value season ticket for £250 for those who've fallen on 'hard times' but even then we had people complaining about how someone sat next to them had paid half what they did. The club can't win.

So in summary, the club isn't trying to change the existing demographic or else the above facts wouldn't be true, they're trying to introduce corporates to boost revenue whilst retaining the traditional fanbase.

With safe standing, everyone would win - you can put the corporates in their padded seats and whatnot, there can be some mid-priced seats for people who want to watch the game and the people who want to sing and get pissed up get cheaper tickets since more people can be packed in a standing section.

It's worked in other countries, we just need our government to allow it

ethan23 said:
glen quagmire said:
My heart bleeds, it really does! I'm fucking off top bed, so i'm going to end on this note, I, me, myself can sort my daughter with driving lessons, a car, insurance AND her ST, so cheers for the concern, maybe she will drive me for a change, you just never know.

Anyhoo, now doubt there will be more boozers, showing our games by then, for all the have-nots.

Night!

after reading this, my original comment definitely still stands... you're a prick

The irony.

Thanks to Platini, ST prices are going to go up across the board and more of a focus on increasing the corporate fan base.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.