The beginning of a change for the worst at City

danburge82 said:
glen quagmire said:
My heart bleeds, it really does! I'm fucking off top bed, so i'm going to end on this note, I, me, myself can sort my daughter with driving lessons, a car, insurance AND her ST, so cheers for the concern, maybe she will drive me for a change, you just never know.

Anyhoo, now doubt there will be more boozers, showing our games by then, for all the have-nots.

Night!

You need to pay attention more to where you've come from and what you've experienced in your life because the good things in your life have not kept you a well grounded man. You seem like a proper smug twat to be honest!

No - he just doesn't sound like a working class hero.

BillyShears said:
The logic used by some supporters in this thread really and truly does make my head spin. Next thing you know, there'll be people on here demanding Sheikh Mansour pay off their mortgage and put their kids through Uni because they've had a season ticket since 1968 and have 'earned' it.

The club have, and continue to bend over backwards to try and accommodate all City supporters regardless of their financial situation - hell, we had 250 pound season tickets made available last summer. I highly doubt that anyone who bought one is complaining about being 'priced out' of watching City.

Well said Billy....haters gonna hate..moaners gonna moan.

surely expanding the ground will still leave enough cheaper seats for all supporters as our support increases along with our success

onceabluealways said:
Having been a season ticket holder for 30 + years I would hate to miss some glory seasons but the club need to be realistic if they are to raise prices.

We live in the north were money is tighter and there is still a resession. I earn plenty but still find it hard at times look at this week 3 home games for me and my son thats around £100 on top of my season tickets.

As we get more successful there are more cup games to cost in.

If we are not filling the ground every week now then what makes people think that a hike will not stop a number fromm going.

I filled in the survey and put around £650 as my limit and hope the club take the information in. I currently sit in the East stand and may have to pay the premium hike or move - if the new seats are no good I may not bother.

I put £600 so pretty similar mate.

I said earlier in the thread that City need to be very careful with this. Manchester is not London and City aren't a club like United who had loads of fans everywhere for decades before their Ferguson glory years.

danburge82 said:
onceabluealways said:
Having been a season ticket holder for 30 + years I would hate to miss some glory seasons but the club need to be realistic if they are to raise prices.

We live in the north were money is tighter and there is still a resession. I earn plenty but still find it hard at times look at this week 3 home games for me and my son thats around £100 on top of my season tickets.

As we get more successful there are more cup games to cost in.

If we are not filling the ground every week now then what makes people think that a hike will not stop a number fromm going.

I filled in the survey and put around £650 as my limit and hope the club take the information in. I currently sit in the East stand and may have to pay the premium hike or move - if the new seats are no good I may not bother.

I put £600 so pretty similar mate.

I said earlier in the thread that City need to be very careful with this. Manchester is not London and City aren't a club like United who had loads of fans everywhere for decades before their Ferguson glory years.

Well I lied and put £500 as my limit as I am sure they will go off the average "top limit" plus a good few %

danburge82 said:
SteSteez said:
We need Safe Standing.....

Blue Alliance, ric, all the other blogs and anyone else all get together and organise a big petition for safe standing - if we get the club behind us and campaigning for safe standing then hopefully the government will take notice... rather than just brushing aside a few smalltime dicks on a message forum.

I am 100% behind it. I'd love nothing more than to see East Stand and South Stand at Level 1 to be safe standing with reasonably priced tickets. Sign me up pal!

Think about it. If you could get 10000 seats in these two areas with seasoncards priced at say £750 the club would make £7.5million per season from E+S L1. If you could fit 17500 standing in these two areas with seasoncards priced at say £500 the my would make £8.75million per season from these areas! Now I'm no mathematician but isn't that more money? Plus these people in their greater numbers would spend more money while there, especially as City develop all around the stadium and provide more places to spend money. Plus(!) it will keep more of us working class fans who do want to watch every single game that City play because we always have and always want to regardless of how good we are.

Unfortunately business doesn't work like that. As i've seen in this thread a lot of fans expect improvements in catering and whatnot along with price reductions on that stage too!

If you improve the catering you have to put the prices up to pay for it, most fans don't understand that, they think that 30 quid they pay for a ticket goes straight in the clubs pocket when at the moment at least 100% of it is going just to paying the players wages, where do some people think this money comes from?? Do some people even understand that at the moment we are paying more in JUST wages then we make as a whole in income.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
BillyShears said:
The logic used by some supporters in this thread really and truly does make my head spin. Next thing you know, there'll be people on here demanding Sheikh Mansour pay off their mortgage and put their kids through Uni because they've had a season ticket since 1968 and have 'earned' it.

The club have, and continue to bend over backwards to try and accommodate all City supporters regardless of their financial situation - hell, we had 250 pound season tickets made available last summer. I highly doubt that anyone who bought one is complaining about being 'priced out' of watching City.

Well said Billy....haters gonna hate..moaners gonna moan.

The thing is he's being far too overdramatic! Nobody is saying that we want the Sheikh to give us cheap tickets. We just want to have reasonably priced tickets that are affordable but understandable why they've gone up in price, just not to London proportions. Because again, I keep saying it and everyone keeps missing the point, Manchester is not London and City aren't United. We aren't a well supported club and won't fill the seats if prices get too high. Thus the club won't make the money they think they will. There needs to be a proper balance of everything.

BillyShears said:
*singingtheblues* said:
The majority of us aren't making any unreasonable demands, you'd realise that if you actually bothered to read the thread in any great detail.

I've read the thread in detail, and you and WNRH come off as proper entitled little boys. People like you constantly ignore everything the club is doing to make sure that people from all walks of life can continue to go and see City, as you continue to view the club through some ridiculous 'working class hero' prism. Just because you can't afford to go to a game, buy a season ticket, etc. that doesn't automatically mean the club don't give a shit about all supporters who struggle to afford to go to games. You are advocating that Sheikh Mansour subsidize your match day experience - why exactly? You say one day soon the cheapest ticket in the ground will be 48 pounds. How do you know that for a fact? You also completely ignored my point about 250 pound season tickets which were made available last summer.

Your OP refers to day trippers, Marseille fans, corporate types etc. Guess what, they have as much right to go and see City as you. I'd rather the club continue it's CITC project, continue to regenerate East Manchester, and ignore small minded supporters who can't see past the end of their own nose...

Not once have I suggested that I'd like to see anyone subsidise our fucking "match-day experience". And I resent your suggestion of a sense of entitlement. I just think some people are too quick to overlook a few early warning signs emanating from the club due to the club making a few worthless token gestures.

The club are beginning to make changes to introduce a different demographic of fans at CoMS, the East and West level 2 corporate expansion simply highlights this. Would you care to justify that?

Also, it would help it you actually knew what you were talking about when attempting to debate a point. For category A games this season, the cheapest individual tickets in the ground have been £48, that's not speculation, that's simply a fact.

And I know that because I've done the research myself.

And I can't even be even arsed with your final "point" (attempt at discrediting me), think what you like, I couldn't give a flying fuck. I simply don't think it's fair for fans with thousands of loyalty points to behind supporters of other clubs and even rags in the pecking order when it comes to getting tickets for the biggest games of the season.

If that makes me "small minded" then congratulations, you've caught me out Victor.

m20-benny said:
we know it's disgraceful but garry cook will come out and spin some bullshit about meeting the 'criteria'.

season tickets and match tickets have gone up considerably this year. pull a stunt like that again this year and we'll just fuck it off. there aren't enough cheshire nobheads to fill our ground when we're not there.

Cheers for the vote of confidence, I've been going home games for 28 years and away since I was old enough to do so on my own, from when I was about 14. My favourite away day to date was Newcastle away stood in the 'paddock' in the league cup, won 2-0 I think, Gaudinho was my hero.

Should I just fuck off because I worked hard, got a good job and decided to move to Cheshire?
Tool...

Pricing the fans out would be disgraceful, but as I see it season tickets are more than reasonable compared to all other top sides. We pay a lot less than United, Spurs and Liverpool and our stadia is far better..
Did we not sell a season ticket of £250 this season? That is lower than a season ticket at County.

*singingtheblues* said:
Surprise, surprise. The apologists are here. You're late boys.

In reality, none of us are making any unreasonable demands. We don't expect £5 tickets, and neither do we expect free season tickets and a complementary blowjob from an attractive blonde steward upon on the half-time whistle.

We'd simply appreciate it if our loyalty wasn't exploited in an effort to generate a little more unnecessary income which could be subsidised by other means. Especially when every single one of us is feeling the economic pinch more than ever.

The FFP ruling couldn't have come at a more convenient time for the club, for it provides the perfect excuse to raise prices for anything and everything slightly City related, and a large proportion of our fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

But yes, we should all accept and welcome with open arms, the idea of ticket prices similar to those at Chelsea and co. While ignoring the fact that our fanbase is primarily working class, and couldn't possibly afford such prices. Unless you're advocating pricing out the fans who've propped this club up throughout its history?

In which case you're a morally defunct tosser, and the price increase likely won't affect you because you don't attend anyway.

The rest of us shouldn't accept this, and should do all we can to fight it. Nothing unreasonable, we just expect due care and consideration to be taken when it comes to deciding ticket prices for a supremely loyal, largely working-class fanbase who are struggling in the current economic climate.

If that's too much to ask then I don't know why we bother with football in the 21st century, because it fucking stinks.
Exactly. Some people on here think that supporting a football club is like choosing what colour shoes to wear. Forgetting that a lot of the fans that get frozen out if we start charging London prices are the same people that carried this club up and down the divisions. And what do they get in return? Told to 'fuck off'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.