The Best Centre Halves in the World.

I hate to mention it but we have a certain V.Kompany who is a top class CB on our books plus Nedum who if he stays injury free will surely move up the pecking order.

there are some really good suggestions knocking about on here.
i forgot about kompany coming back from injury. maybe this will encourage lescott to get his arse in gear.

what is the script with nedum at the moment, is he injured?

Magri said:
Terry is an a•••hole. It's bad enough having the likes of Bellamy (who disturbingly I have learned to love) and Adebayor but I draw the line at him. And any manure rejects. But one thing is for sure, Toure isn't the answer and we need someone who can defend crosses. Gallas is alright if we can get him or Puyol (I think, the Barcelona bloke)

What? Gallas and Puyol are far from defenders who can deal with crosses.

I am in the Agger camp, not sure about Simon Kjaer, I think Michael Gravgaard is top drawer if we are talking about Danes. He had a nightmare when he went to Hamburg but he is a good player.

Danish Blue said:
I am in the Agger camp, not sure about Simon Kjaer, I think Michael Gravgaard is top drawer if we are talking about Danes. He had a nightmare when he went to Hamburg but he is a good player.

No point buying any other than truly world class CB. Kompany is as good as anyone below world class status including Agger. I think we shouldnt buy new cb in january atleast and give Kompany and Onuoha decent amout of games so we can see if they have a future at the club or not.

Magri said:
Terry is an a•••hole. It's bad enough having the likes of Bellamy (who disturbingly I have learned to love) and Adebayor but I draw the line at him. And any manure rejects. But one thing is for sure, Toure isn't the answer and we need someone who can defend crosses. Gallas is alright if we can get him or Puyol (I think, the Barcelona bloke)

Not sure how you can say this about toure, hes been quality. lescott on the other hand has been average at best, a world class centre half alongside toure would shore our defence up (with a decent right back obviously). Gallas is no better than toure in the air and puyol who is smaller than toure certainly isnt!

Bluefinn said:
Danish Blue said:

No point buying any other than truly world class CB. Kompany is as good as anyone below world class status including Agger. I think we shouldnt buy new cb in january atleast and give Kompany and Onuoha decent amout of games so we can see if they have a future at the club or not.

This is the point I am trying to make in the original post. I think what we have is defo a good platform to build from. However a trually world class centre half to play alongside Toure would take us to the next level. Possibly the addition of a class RB too, although I have faith that Micah will pull through for us and also that Pab Zab can do a good job for us.

i wasnt suggesting we buy any of them just making an evaluation on danish centre halves who seem to be in vogue and I have had the misfortune of spending too long watching

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.