The best comedy sketch ever....

There's so much going on in this sketch.

I also love any of the Ted and Ralph sketches (written by the Father Ted boys) and the League of Gentlemen stuff, especially Geoff's wedding speech and the first scene with Pop.

It's not the whole scene and the quality's shit, but it's still amazing.

Last edited:
Not a "sketch" as such, more a running gag. In Reggie Perrin, when Reggie's wife mentions her mother, Reggie always sees a hippopotamus in his mind. Absolutely fantastic programme, although we won't mention the last series (the one set in a commune).

I have actually done that in real life. I was 16, just left school, but still didn't have a job. My mate had been thrown out and he'd got himself his own flat on Darnhill. I went up to see him and was introduced to weed for the first time. After spending an hour smoking it and 2 hours throwing it all back up, I went to catch the bus home.
It was my first ever time smoking weed and I was convinced that everyone would know I was stoned. So I was determined to act straight. I sauntered over to the bus stop, which had quite a few people in it and nonchalantly leaned against a non existent window. I dropped like a sack of shit but bounced back up as though I'd hit a rubber floor, so determined to appear normal.
The couple of old biddies in at the bus stop were so concerned, but the girl my age couldn't stop fucking laughing. I was that embarrassed I ran off down the road and ended up walking home. I even ducked into a doorway when I saw the bus coming past so they wouldn't see me.

I still cry laughing when i watch this....

I was going to post the Alan Partridge "Dan" sketch (which has been posted) but I stopped to watch this Laurel and Hardy clip.

That is genius (like so much of their other stuff) and I too have been literally crying with laughter - it is immense.

There's a campaign on Twitter to get the BBC to show Laurel and Hardy again as generations are missing out on their work.

This clip shows exactly why they should be back on mainstream tv

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.