The Best Eighties Albums

squirtyflower said:
aphex said:
bowies 80's output is his best (apart from low)
you can't beat the trilogy of
man who sold the world
ziggy
aladdin sane

pity diamond dogs got in the way because low would have made it a quintuplet of excellence with heroes

You've missed out Hunky Dory; that and Man Who Sold The World are my favourite Bowie albums.

I remember when Ashes to Ashes came out in 1980; one of his best IMO but I was mesmerized by the video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBlFq4oE2I[/youtube]

Oddly enough Terence Trent D'Arby (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) supported Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour in 198.; I went to both dates at Maine Road and for some strange reason Trent D'Arby thought he'd been entered into a swearing contest and just swore for the hell of it. Made a prick of himself TBH and alienated many in what was admittedly a Bowie crowd.

Anyway, here are half a dozen great albums from the '80s. I make no apologies for them all being rock albums, albeit of different hues...

ac-dc-backinblack.jpg
the_wall.jpg
Van%20Halen%201984.jpg

perfect.jpg
g05085.jpg
album-brothers-in-arms.jpg

BTH said:
squirtyflower said:
you can't beat the trilogy of
man who sold the world
ziggy
aladdin sane

pity diamond dogs got in the way because low would have made it a quintuplet of excellence with heroes

You've missed out Hunky Dory; that and Man Who Sold The World are my favourite Bowie albums.

I remember when Ashes to Ashes came out in 1980; one of his best IMO but I was mesmerized by the video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBlFq4oE2I[/youtube]

Oddly enough Terence Trent D'Arby (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) supported Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour in 198.; I went to both dates at Maine Road and for some strange reason Trent D'Arby thought he'd been entered into a swearing contest and just swore for the hell of it. Made a prick of himself TBH and alienated many in what was admittedly a Bowie crowd.

Anyway, here are half a dozen great albums from the '80s. I make no apologies for them all being rock albums, albeit of different hues...

ac-dc-backinblack.jpg
the_wall.jpg
Van%20Halen%201984.jpg

perfect.jpg
g05085.jpg
album-brothers-in-arms.jpg
you're right
i kept thinking there's something missing here from about 71/72 when life on mars hit the charts, thanks for the reminder

still don't like the post heroes stuff though!

Banned Tosspot said:
People moan about the music from that decade but there was some gems.

6a00b8ea067abbdece00d41436a49f6a47-500pi
awful artist, currently residing in the where are they now files.

this is a a wind up , right. all these top albums mentioned apart from the poster's nomination.

'get up out of your rocking chair grandma'........ ha ha ha ha ,

hard lyrics.

spinal tap, beware !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.