Dazed and confused
No Quarter
in my time of Dying
In the light
Bron y aur stomp
the song remains the same
Gallows pole
the lemon song

I appreciate they're not everybody's cup of tea but I grew up with them and love it

Achilles last stand
Babe I'm gonna leave you
Bring it on home
Black dog
Dazed and confused
Misty mountain hop
Going to California
Immigrant song
Four sticks
Since I've been loving you
Ramble on

I couldn't name one as I have a lot of different types of music.

There are bands that changed music

Beatles, for me no band has had the versatility or the ability to write a melody

Queen a truly unique band with probably the most imagination, the widest strangest influences and the best singer in main stream rock.

Bee gees massively under rated huge influence on all music and amazing tunes, harmonies only matched by the beach boys who again had massive influence and amazing longevity.

I love floyd, Zeppelin, the Who, the stones, the Clash, the Smiths even guys like deep Putple who made a difference to music and changed things.

I also have to mention abba, my first album, my first crush and like it or not a great pop act who again changed things up.

If I had to have only one band it would be the Beatles because most of the others to me were a band. The Beatles were almost 3 bands, no one ever gave a greater variety to music and the melodies, lyrics and sheer difference as well as their unparalleled influence would make them the greatest for me. Even though I don't think they every quite reached in one song the heights of some of the others mentioned above.m
Oh well I just did name one

Not talking about individual choice but the group with the most classic songs we all agree on ?

What a daft and unanswerable question

Probably my fav. Zep tune. I used to put my big honking cerwin vega speakers on the back deck and just rip that song across the valley in the back yard.
I was probably on acid half the time tbh.

I miss those days. We used to sneak out into these woods beside our school and get stoned out of our brains. I used to be the anti-social **** with the headphones on with Zep, Rush, Floyd etc playing. Fucking kids :)

Don't see how you can say which is the best. They all have their strengths. Here's my choices....

The Beatles -- The most famous "self-contained" group.
The first band to be, both, the most popular and the best at what they did.

The Rolling Stones - Not great musicians, but extremely creative in the studio. Their run of singles is just as wide in scope as the Beatles.

The Velvet Underground -- The first Alternative Rock Band. Lou Reed's writing started a type of narrative we still find in music today.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - The ultimate Roots Rock Band. American bands have had have problems combining all their influences. No band did this as well as CCR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.