The best i have ever seen.

This has been done but I'll say again the Milan side of the 90's wouldgive that brazil side and barca now a run for their money, as would the Madrid team of 1960 and Liverpool 80's.
Barca are friggin awesome though.

davymcfc said:
barcelona 5 real madrid 0 was the finest footballing performance i have ever seen.

Same here. I've never seen anything like that. It was truely immense. They were zipping the ball around at 100mph yet it looked effortless. It was a marvel!

We've played a similar style in some games this season but in slow motion. If we could just get more pace and energy into our movement and thus have the ball moving around more quickly we'd be a much more ruthless team as we'd cut open spaces in defences and from them spaces get into better areas to create chances.

To the OP: you mentioned Brazil. But I don't get it with that team. ESPN Classic had the full 90minutes of the England-Brazil and Italy-Brazil games from the 1970 World Cup last year and I was expecting something exceptional. The reality was that thought England were better than Brazil in our game and that Italy were absolutely shit in the final yet Brazil still gave the ball away fuckin shit loads. The hype that Brazil team carry of being "the best ever" is a total myth!

de niro said:
This has been done but I'll say again the Milan side of the 90's wouldgive that brazil side and barca now a run for their money, as would the Madrid team of 1960 and Liverpool 80's.

This. You cant compare Barca with Milan until Barca have won a few more European cups. Milan were quite literally shoe-ins for the trophy every year. Brilliant they were.

AC Roma 00-01.
Totti, Batistuta, Montella, Samuel, Cafu, Aldair, Candela, Zanetti etc.
Maybe not in titles won, but in pure awesomeness.:)

On a serious note:
Barca today and dream team 91-94
Milan around 90ish
Brazil 70
Real Madrid 60s and 85-90
Hungary 50s

de niro said:

Milan had two magnificent teams in the 80's and 90's

In the 80's with the best player I've ever seen, Van Basten

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwx-K5UUnBQ[/youtube]

The Barca team they destroy in the 94 final is the Barca that took the rags apart

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqcIA9rTylk[/youtube]

davymcfc said:
barcelona 5 real madrid 0 was the finest footballing performance i have ever seen.
Spot on I went in my local on poker night & could not play poker because one of the best football games ever was too good to miss.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
For a glorious display of football at it's very best, have a look at Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt, the European Cup final in Glasgow in 1960.

In my lifetime, I have to say Brazil v Italy in the world cup in Spain in 1982.

Have to agree. Brazil team of 1982 was my first World Cup.

I had never seen football like that before, and they didn't even go on to win it.

This Barca team is the best I have seen since them, Liverpool mid-80s the next.

I saw the Brazil team of 1970 when they played England and was very disappointed. We shoulda done em and the impotent one spent most of the game rolling round feigning injury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.