The best ice cream flavour

daveduke67 said:
Fredericks at Adlington nr Chorley - ridiculous queues any day the temp is marginally above freezing - or summer as we know it ;-)

Had the Rum Baba when I visited for the first time last summer - rum soaked doughnut sundae with a choice of ice cream flavours - and they have a good 50+ on offer every day. Great sundae.

However the worst thing about this place, and the reason I won't be returning, apart from the queues, is that outside the shop was littered with sick as overweight children stuff themselves silly, then puke it all back up again over the pavement at the front and down the side of the shop. Seriously, it was like that sketch from Little Britain. Probably not that common, at least I hope not, but was rife that day. Put me off ever going back - the smell of sick mixed with ice cream on a warm summers day... some even had sprinkles in...

bluetonium said:
daveduke67 said:
Fredericks at Adlington nr Chorley - ridiculous queues any day the temp is marginally above freezing - or summer as we know it ;-)

Had the Rum Baba when I visited for the first time last summer - rum soaked doughnut sundae with a choice of ice cream flavours - and they have a good 50+ on offer every day. Great sundae.

However the worst thing about this place, and the reason I won't be returning, apart from the queues, is that outside the shop was littered with sick as overweight children stuff themselves silly, then puke it all back up again over the pavement at the front and down the side of the shop. Seriously, it was like that sketch from Little Britain. Probably not that common, at least I hope not, but was rife that day. Put me off ever going back - the smell of sick mixed with ice cream on a warm summers day... some even had sprinkles in...

Been going there for 30-odd years and never seen sick anywhere. Perhaps it was the Bulimic Society day out?

Don't let that put you off ;-)

daveduke67 said:
bluetonium said:

Been going there for 30-odd years and never seen sick anywhere. Perhaps it was the Bulimic Society day out?

Good to know it's not a regular thing. Their Turkish Delight flavour is fantastic. But no way the kids I saw were bulimic - well, I guess they could have been, just very bad at it. More like they were following the Cyril Smith diet. Reverse-Bulimics I'd say they were.

bluetonium said:
daveduke67 said:

Good to know it's not a regular thing. Their Turkish Delight flavour is fantastic. But no way the kids I saw were bulimic - well, I guess they could have been, just very bad at it. More like they were following the Cyril Smith diet. Reverse-Bulimics I'd say they were.

Could have been the Lactose Intolerant Club's day out?

daveduke67 said:
bluetonium said:

Could have been the Lactose Intolerant Club's day out?

To an Ice Cream Parlour? Wonderful! I like that :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.