The big clearout!

Not sure if people are being realistic here. Of course we need to get the loaned out players off the payroll, with a few exceptions, particularly among the younger loanees, and I think it is time to say goodbye to Clichy and, Yaya (in the latter case, purely because it will help the wage bill). Pep obviously doesn't see a future for Fernando or Delph, Zab deserves yet another season as back up, such a warrior, and showed some versatility when much-needed. We easily forget we have Gundogan and Jesus, we just need two defenders or three if Kompany doesn't make a sustained recovery. My main concern is that David Silva can't go on for ever, how on Planet Earth can we replace him? Never mind what the PFA or BBC think, he is the best player we ever had, and one of the best players ever to grace the Premier League.

My main concern is that David Silva can't go on for ever, how on Planet Earth can we replace him?
Spot on. It's actually the biggest problem with this squad - press-resistant world class No8s are rarest species and almost impossible to get. Isco, Verratti and other star CMs seem to be unattainable, I see only B.Silva and Lemar as realistic solutions on the market (who nevertheless would be very, very hard to get). All other options would be a compromise. Foden and Diaz are too young and no one actually knows how high is their ceiling.
And it's impossible to play Juego de Posicion on the highest level without such CMs.

It's obvious the fullbacks and goalkeepers need completely overhauling but I think It will be interesting to see what happens in central defence.

A few weeks ago I thought Vinny would be gone but if he can keep fit from now until the end of the season maybe just maybe he has turned himself around.

If so we will have Vinny, Stones, Otamendi and Kolarov as our central defenders and if Pep wants to bring one in which I most certainly think he will, one will have to go.

Kolarov for me is the obvious one I suppose, but I don't think we can rule out Madrid coming in for Otamendi to replace Pepe.

Spot on. It's actually the biggest problem with this squad - press-resistant world class No8s are rarest species and almost impossible to get. Isco, Verratti and other star CMs seem to be unattainable, I see only B.Silva and Lemar as realistic solutions on the market (who nevertheless would be very, very hard to get). All other options would be a compromise. Foden and Diaz are too young and no one actually knows how high is their ceiling.
And it's impossible to play Juego de Posicion on the highest level without such CMs.
Isco?

Why does everyone like Isco? Is he really that good? As good as Silva or Dele Alli or Thiago? Isn't he just like a less consistent Coutinho, who'd be liable to go missing if we were having one of our slow, half arsed games while being pressed by a team of big lads kicking ankles?

What we need is someone who can dictate and/or turn a game. We already have lots of players better than Isco.

I think kdb will be silvas replacement with a world class all round midfielder coming in to play alongside him and gudongan!!! Me personally would love to see us buy ali in a couple of seasons!! Still think spanish dave has 2-3 good seasons in him!!

Why does everyone like Isco? Is he really that good? As good as Silva or Dele Alli or Thiago? Isn't he just like a less consistent Coutinho, who'd be liable to go missing if we were having one of our slow, half arsed games while being pressed by a team of big lads kicking ankles?

What we need is someone who can dictate and/or turn a game. We already have lots of players better than Isco.

You should just watch guys you don't know rather than guessing how bad they'll be.

Not sure if people are being realistic here. Of course we need to get the loaned out players off the payroll, with a few exceptions, particularly among the younger loanees, and I think it is time to say goodbye to Clichy and, Yaya (in the latter case, purely because it will help the wage bill). Pep obviously doesn't see a future for Fernando or Delph, Zab deserves yet another season as back up, such a warrior, and showed some versatility when much-needed. We easily forget we have Gundogan and Jesus, we just need two defenders or three if Kompany doesn't make a sustained recovery. My main concern is that David Silva can't go on for ever, how on Planet Earth can we replace him? Never mind what the PFA or BBC think, he is the best player we ever had, and one of the best players ever to grace the Premier League.
No player out of contract deserves another year. They are all over 30 and showing significant decline.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.