The Big Tipping Point

fbloke

No inside info.

No sneaky whispers or nudge nudge stuff here, just a simple observation that I suppose many of us are making as well?

We can thank Carlos for his efforts on the field but never has any player at any club managed to do what he has in the last few days.

We now have the press, fans and players singing from the same hymn sheet and all are so in tune it sounds better than a male voice choir at christmas.

The press are (with the tiny number of haters) all talking about City being the only club who could stand up to such player power, how City are being wronged and how Carlos should show more respect for what the club have done for him and who they are.

Kia is being pilloried and Carlos is in the wrong.

City will get through this.

Carlos will miss City more than City miss Carlos.

City will continue onto the title without him.

Players, press and fans are now saying how mancini is just the man to deal with this with the right amount of strength and diplomacy.

Some are even reporting that its a shame Carlos has diverted attention from such a great team and the work the manager has done.

At the same time we hear of Dzeko writing to City asking to be signed.

We hear how the other top clubs in Europe cannot afford Tevez with possibly only Real in the frame, but even then they might not try until the summer.

We hear how Cook and Marwood have neutered agents and we see all of this being reported as the club would want.

So thanks Carlos you have managed, single handedly (well Kia has I suppose) to do far more for City's image and standing than anyone else could have.

You have gained City sympathy at a time that we were less well liked than rabies.

You have also made it clear to any players that might be thinking of signing for the wrong reasons that they shoudn't bother.

Thanks Carlos for the goals, and the hope and most of all for pulling it all together just before the most important transfer window in the clubs history whilst City are likely to be top of the table.

And finally thanks for waiting until Silva and Yaya (and other of course) had finally settled in and looked like the players we all hope they could be and proved that City are definitely not a one man team.

fbloke said:
No inside info.

No sneaky whispers or nudge nudge stuff here, just a simple observation that I suppose many of us are making as well?

We can thank Carlos for his efforts on the field but never has any player at any club managed to do what he has in the last few days.

We now have the press, fans and players singing from the same hymn sheet and all are so in tune it sounds better than a male voice choir at christmas.

The press are (with the tiny number of haters) all talking about City being the only club who could stand up to such player power, how City are being wronged and how Carlos should show more respect for what the club have done for him and who they are.

Kia is being pilloried and Carlos is in the wrong.

City will get through this.

Carlos will miss City more than City miss Carlos.

City will continue onto the title without him.

Players, press and fans are now saying how mancini is just the man to deal with this with the right amount of strength and diplomacy.

Some are even reporting that its a shame Carlos has diverted attention from such a great team and the work the manager has done.

At the same time we hear of Dzeko writing to City asking to be signed.

We hear how the other top clubs in Europe cannot afford Tevez with possibly only Real in the frame, but even then they might not try until the summer.

We hear how Cook and Marwood have neutered agents and we see all of this being reported as the club would want.

So thanks Carlos you have managed, single handedly (well Kia has I suppose) to do far more for City's image and standing than anyone else could have.

You have gained City sympathy at a time that we were less well liked than rabies.

You have also made it clear to any players that might be thinking of signing for the wrong reasons that they shoudn't bother.

Thanks Carlos for the goals, and the hope and most of all for pulling it all together just before the most important transfer window in the clubs history whilst City are likely to be top of the table.

And finally thanks for waiting until Silva and Yaya (and other of course) had finally settled in and looked like the players we all hope they could be and proved that City are definitely not a one man team.

I'm missing your USP here fbloke, I do not feel any gratitude to Carlos for this pickle

You could be right. I've said for months (ever since I started to see what was happening at the club) that one day the media will look at what's happened to City and instead of saying City are ruining football they will say that City are the example that all other clubs should follow.

Ten years from now it'll all be clear. By that time City could be Europe's giant with success building year on year and a youth set up that is light years ahead of the rest; Robinho and Tevez will be recognised as significant signings that helped give the Club a start (in making the media and world aware of who the Blues are); Brian Marwood and Co. will be recognised for what they've done for footballers and the game in general; and Garry Cook could well be in charge of the FA (and seriously negotiating for the English game to follow City's model).

This is another significant period that will help to shape football's future. One day they'll say "City are saving football"!

City fans have always been better in adversity, this is another test of that. Instead of being pissed off I'm excited to see who we bring in. Tevez, unless announcing a full and unreserved public apology in his own words, can leave in January for me.

if only tevez could realise that kia is using him to get back at city. oh well onwards and upwards.

Good post fbloke, I think you make many valid points.
We would all love tevez to be a commited member of our team but for the captain of a team to behave like this is disgusting.
I agree, the team now seem to be settling down with Silva, Yaya finally looking cohesive and crucial players in a 'system' and it is the system that Mancini is adopting which will bring goals from all areas of the pitch which is far healthier than relying on 1 player to score us a goal to win the game.
I've always been bemused by the team player tag that Tevez has. For me he has never been a team player. Dickov - a similar type of player to tevez - was a team player, tevez plays for his own glorification, his own self-interest. Just because of his playing style of running around like a maniac, doesn't mean he's a team player, that's just his style, I imagine he adopts the same style when hoovering his home, it's just him.
Tevez can be replaced, will be replaced, the 'team style' that Mancini has finally stamped onto the first 11 cannot and that's why contrart to what some fans have been saying, he is replaceable and the sooner it happens the better.
He is a disgrace.

good post,agree with it in full,As it unfolded on here the mood change was very obvious,and from my own viewpoint great to see.So, what next for 'tipping' points,we've had 'big',next one will have to be 'giant',followed by colossal,ultimately super colossal tipping point.Or we could just call it progress:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.