The blame game...................

Soulboy said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
The most ill-advised comment ever posted on a football forum in the history of football forums...I can't be bothered expanding on it.....if you really think that then I am lost for words...I'm gonna forget that inept Italian... [insert appropriate word] for now and put on a movie.....and it won't be an Italian movie either....

What do you think he got wrong?

Or is it just easier to have a hissy-fit rather than explaining?

I'd actually agree with you 'Soulboy' , i don't think Mancini could have done much more tonite to be fair .......

it's quite possible that if we'd kept eleven men on the field we would have turned this tie around , Kiev really struggled to get into it until we tired late on ..... and if Balotelli had of scored in the third minute , as he should have done , it would have made life all the easier ..... we'd have levelled the tie by half time ......... but as it was he made things even worse with that ludicrous challenge!

Soulboy said:
I actually thought we played pretty well tonight.

Mancini is blameless for tonight... he did everything he could have done to win the tie, even playing a full team when most expected a weakened team in readiness for Chelsea on Sunday.

Who to blame? Being down to ten men. Kyiv are not a great team. Neat and tidy at best. And under normal cicumstances I would have expected to have dismissed them.

But I left the stadium pleased that we can play with tempo (even though it took till when we went down to ten men...) and all the players still on the pitch looked totally comitted to the cause.

This brings hope for the rest of the season. I was actually more pleased with the performance tonight than I have been since before Christmas, and we need only repeat this to get a result at Chelsea.

Going out is not a blessing in disguise. A club of our status should be aiming to win both domestic and national trophies (and never forget we were the first English club to have ever achieved that!)... but now we have no excuses not to end the season with a bang!

Are you for real,PMSL.

Hardwick said:
Soulboy said:

Mancini is blameless for tonight... he did everything he could have done to win the tie, even playing a full team when most expected a weakened team in readiness for Chelsea on Sunday.

Who to blame? Being down to ten men. Kyiv are not a great team. Neat and tidy at best. And under normal cicumstances I would have expected to have dismissed them.

But I left the stadium pleased that we can play with tempo (even though it took till when we went down to ten men...) and all the players still on the pitch looked totally comitted to the cause.

This brings hope for the rest of the season. I was actually more pleased with the performance tonight than I have been since before Christmas, and we need only repeat this to get a result at Chelsea.

Going out is not a blessing in disguise. A club of our status should be aiming to win both domestic and national trophies (and never forget we were the first English club to have ever achieved that!)... but now we have no excuses not to end the season with a bang!

Are you for real,PMSL.

Eh?

I presume you are a rag.

And quite obviously a fairly thick one.

Can you expand on your issue with my comment...?

Soulboy said:

The most ill-advised comment ever posted on a football forum in the history of football forums...I can't be bothered expanding on it.....if you really think that then I am lost for words...I'm gonna forget that inept Italian... [insert appropriate word] for now and put on a movie.....and it won't be an Italian movie either....

Apparently it was a great success

Soulboy said:
Hardwick said:
Are you for real,PMSL.

Eh?

I presume you are a rag.

No Im not a rag,but first english club to win domestic and international trophies.
It just gets worse.

I thought we played ok tonight but now I can see a few important players coming back and no more awkward midweek games we should be strong enough to have a positive run in.There should be no more shuffling the team around and play our strongest team we can for the rest of the season.

Soulboy said:

Didn't have a hissy fit mate, ive been saying the same for a year now...consistently and backing up with facts.
OK a few thoughts:
1. Our formation is supposed to get its width from the fullbacks. Well, attacking fullbacks have to overlap. Because they generally don't have trickery they rely on forward passing beyond the full back for them to run on to. Ashley Cole does this every week, as have many other full backs. Ours are false wingers. That is they start too far forward and recieve the ball up the field and without trickery they tend to be faced with the full back. Without wide players who can play the ball beyong the full back for Richards/Kolarov to run onto then hip in a cross it becomes ineffective despite Richards trying his hardest to get past full backs with his strength. mancini's cunning full back weapon is flawed because of his set up and lack of wide midfielders. This is why we never get crosses into the box.
2. Mancini uses fatigue as his trump excuse card. In that case rest Yaya who looks like he's playing witha house strapped to his back. Milner was fresh, put him on from the start, not out of position on the wings but in the centre to give us drive going forward. DK had no attacking intent tonight therefore 2 defensive midfielder with the pace of a snail were noit needed. Milner has enough energy to get back into a defensive position if a move breaks down anyway for the insurance mancini needs.
3. Instruct Dzeko to stand on the penalty spot and not move beyond 6 square yards. Be the focal point, push the defence back and if you've brought on Johnson utilise Dzekos attributes by getting crosses in. That means Johnson on the right not the left. He's always liable to cut inside therefore crosses never arrive and defences squeeze him out.
need more???????????????

Hardwick said:
Soulboy said:
Eh?

I presume you are a rag.

No Im not a rag,but first english club to win domestic and international trophies.
It just gets worse.

City won the League Cup and the Euro Cup Winners Cup in 1970.

The FIRST English club to win both domestic and non-domestic trophies in the same season.

Like to prove me wrong?

And you may not be a rag, but you're still thick...<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:36 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:

Didn't have a hissy fit mate, ive been saying the same for a year now...consistently and backing up with facts.
OK a few thoughts:
1. Our formation is supposed to get its width from the fullbacks. Well, attacking fullbacks have to overlap. Because they generally don't have trickery they rely on forward passing beyond the full back for them to run on to. Ashley Cole does this every week, as have many other full backs. Ours are false wingers. That is they start too far forward and recieve the ball up the field and without trickery they tend to be faced with the full back. Without wide players who can play the ball beyong the full back for Richards/Kolarov to run onto then hip in a cross it becomes ineffective despite Richards trying his hardest to get past full backs with his strength. mancini's cunning full back weapon is flawed because of his set up and lack of wide midfielders. This is why we never get crosses into the box.
2. Mancini uses fatigue as his trump excuse card. In that case rest Yaya who looks like he's playing witha house strapped to his back. Milner was fresh, put him on from the start, not out of position on the wings but in the centre to give us drive going forward. DK had no attacking intent tonight therefore 2 defensive midfielder with the pace of a snail were noit needed. Milner has enough energy to get back into a defensive position if a move breaks down anyway for the insurance mancini needs.
3. Instruct Dzeko to stand on the penalty spot and not move beyond 6 square yards. Be the focal point, push the defence back and if you've brought on Johnson utilise Dzekos attributes by getting crosses in. That means Johnson on the right not the left. He's always liable to cut inside therefore crosses never arrive and defences squeeze him out.
need more???????????????

Can't argue with that...!

;-))

Soulboy said:
Hardwick said:
It just gets worse.

City won the League Cup and the Euro Cup Winners Cup in 1970.

The FIRST English club to win both domestic and non-domestic trophies in the same season.

Like to prove me wrong?

And you may not be a rag, but you're still thick...

-- Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:36 pm --

OK a few thoughts:
need more???????????????

Can't argue with that...!

;-))
oops, i meant left and not right...even i'm feeling fatigued!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.