The ''Blue Moon Off Topic Inn'' is open

mackenzie said:
Thank you Sue.

(Don't give me any more though cos I get inebriated off the stuff.....quickly).

I'm fine thanks. My hubby seems to be over his usual winter blues and the new dog (Gwen) is fast asleep (thus giving Merlin the cat a welcome break from being herded at every opportunity).

Work is a pain though. Never seen so many people who have never been unemployed before. Had to interview the (ex) Regional Director of a bank yesterday who usually earns 80K a year.

Lovely bloke to talk to though, despite the situation he now finds himself in.

Know what you mean about working! Was made redundant last February (PA to CEO), temped at a few places, the last one for six months. Just been taken on there at £5.5K less than I was on. It's a job though and and better than dole money.

I'm going to have to get another dog soon, I can't bear being without one. The house and Inn are so empty without the Head of Security. Will deffo be another collie.

warpig said:

Sue,

i found these on the steps, there is a note on them...it reads

'hope your week is getting better' warpig x

now, a pint of foster please!

what some people will do to queue jump

Bluebird1 said:
I'm going to have to get another dog soon, I can't bear being without one. The house and Inn are so empty without the Head of Security. Will deffo be another collie.
hs6cut.jpg

"Please Miss; pick me!"
I can queue jump with the best of them! Bottle of Miller please Sue.

Bluebird1 said:

Nice one!

The last image of our Molly on 19/01/2009 was of a beautiful dog lying on the vets table and was something I couldn't get out of my mind. She was such a great girl, and it shook me up far more than I ever thought possible (she was always hubby's dog).

Was prepared to wait months before commiting to another dog.

But hubby needed a dog again and we got Gwen just 6 days later. With hindsight I now know that she was so scared that first day/night. She was completely unruly and acted completely out of character in pinching food and wanting to sleep next to me on the bed. I let her for one night only, and gradually she has learnt the house rules since.

You thinking of a little pup or something older Sue?

jimharri said:
Bluebird1 said:
hs6cut.jpg

"Please Miss; pick me!"
I can queue jump with the best of them! Bottle of Miller please Sue.

Oh Jim, that's so gorgeous
images

* floods of tears *

Bluebird1 said:
warpig said:

Sue,

Aw that's so sweet, thank you so much.
images

Oops sorry spilt it a bit!!!

thats fine, toby is paying for my drinks tonight

Take your pick Sue.
<a class="postlink" href="http://images.google.co.uk/images?gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off&q=border+collie+pup&revid=1824211290&ei=OHmoScSxJKOyjAfmhd3iDw&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://images.google.co.uk/images?gbv=2 ... ision&cd=2</a>
They are an adorable breed.

warpig said:
Bluebird1 said:
warpig said:

Sue,

Aw that's so sweet, thank you so much.
images

Oops sorry spilt it a bit!!!

thats fine, toby is paying for my drinks tonight

sorry warpig saving my money for the moss trooper me and sue are going to get very merry in there tomorrow night

mackenzie said:
Bluebird1 said:

Nice one!

The last image of our Molly on 19/01/2009 was of a beautiful dog lying on the vets table and was something I couldn't get out of my mind. She was such a great girl, and it shook me up far more than I ever thought possible (she was always hubby's dog).

Was prepared to wait months before commiting to another dog.

But hubby needed a dog again and we got Gwen just 6 days later. With hindsight I now know that she was so scared that first day/night. She was completely unruly and acted completely out of character in pinching food and wanting to sleep next to me on the bed. I let her for one night only, and gradually she has learnt the house rules since.

You thinking of a little pup or something older Sue?

Will be another pup. Much as I like the idea of taking on an older dog, I love the puppy stage even the cleaning up! Always had dogs and this is the only time in XX (lol) years I haven't had one. Always had two or three at a time, Shadow was my fifth collie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.