The Bluemoon Job Club.

I thought train companies were trying to get rid of conductors...??

They are still recruiting heavily as Arriva,while contractually bound to make 50% of services DOO (Driver only operation) still need more numbers.

There is fierce opposition in regards to preventing DOO,rightly,IMO,as its creating a safety huge concern/issue,however.....even if they are successful,the role will still exist but will change slightly in responsibility.The important part is that the wage will still be guaranteed for the next 7 years minimum,then a new franchise.

Its a great role/opportunity that many should be jumping at.

They are still recruiting heavily as Arriva,while contractually bound to make 50% of services DOO (Driver only operation) still need more numbers.

There is fierce opposition in regards to preventing DOO,rightly,IMO,as its creating a safety huge concern/issue,however.....even if they are successful,the role will still exist but will change slightly in responsibility.The important part is that the wage will still be guaranteed for the next 7 years minimum,then a new franchise.

Its a great role/opportunity that many should be jumping at.
I do know enough about the job security as a conductor. But once u get in with northern they do like to promote from within. If you can pass the train drivers psychometric test you can have a good career as a train driver. Easy to earn 55k minimum.

I do know enough about the job security as a conductor. But once u get in with northern they do like to promote from within. If you can pass the train drivers psychometric test you can have a good career as a train driver. Easy to earn 55k minimum.
As Northern rarely offer driving jobs solely to current employees,other than gaining more experience in regards competence for the role,an internal candidate has no advantage over an external IME.

If you don't meet the criteria you don't get the job,as many failed applications will support.

Driving is a great career,but then given the state of other industries,so is any job in the rail industry - good money for minimum hours and a job that can be as easy or as hard as you make it.

What a great idea this thread was nice work OP.

Hope people find what they're looking for.

cushy number, trains. All late on Friday night (Again) and Transpennine put 3 trains together and sent a 9 carriage back to depot. Now that's what you call service.

My Son has been laid off and is looking to complete his second year apprenticeship in site joinery. let me know if you are looking for someone. Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.