The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

He's second from top
He's second from tooooooooooooooop
Mad Eyed Screamer
He's second from top

Would have been even closer had blue hammer closed the game at his usual time when Ghost Town was winning..... cost me 3 points and a place in the last 8.
Not that I'm bitter or anything.....

But we'll done to @bennyboy in being top of the charts at the end - and at least How Soon Is Now? helped him along the way and congrats to @FogBlueInSanFran in choosing the winning song.

And thanks to @BlueHammer85 for his sterling efforts behind the scenes even if there was some.questionable pairings in earlier rounds.... but he can be a Blue Moon hero.... just for one day

Last edited:
Thanks all!

It's been emotional.

A few others that deserve some thanks - @Coatigan for suggesting changing the vote formula, much better way.
@Mad Eyed Screamer and @RobMCFC for stepping in when I was away.

I will return this again in May after the PL season.

Will likely keep the same formula, I've got a good way to do the categories but will lay all that out nearer the time.

1699632087774.png

Last edited:
Thanks all!

It's been emotional.

A few others that deserve some thanks - @Coatigan for suggesting changing the vote formula, much better way.
@Mad Eyed Screamer and @RobMCFC for stepping in when I was away.

I will return this again in May after the PL season.

Will likely keep the same formula, I've got a good way to do the categories but will lay all that out nearer the time.

View attachment 98339
Well done all!

Looking forward to May for the next one! I'd like to take part next time if possible.

Great effort @BlueHammer85 - this took a lot of time to implement and manage, and I commend you for sticking to the task and putting up with the peanut gallery! This was really enjoyable and it clearly kept a lot of people engaged for a good six months.

Also well done to @bennyboy and @FogBlueInSanFran - it was nice to see a couple of Album Club members duking it out in the final.

Just one piece of constructive criticism and one suggestion:-

1. To avoid the Depeche Mode debacle, you really should have implemented a preliminary round to reduce the numbers to 128 so that it gradually reduced the number of songs remaining down to a traditional R16, QF, SF etc. Easy to implement and avoids having to resort to FIFA-style nonsense rules. Unless it was you aim to cause a bit of friction and outrage, in which case, job done.

2. As West Ham are no strangers to minor UEFA competitions, what about saying that entry to next year's Bluemoon Cup is barred to any artists that appeared in this year's cup? Sort of like a Europa League/Conference deal. That would certainly make things even more unpredictable.
Point 2… good shout.

Surely ‘the boxer’ should have a right to defend its belt in the next one ?
And ‘Heroes’ after being tragically knocked out due to a forgetful nominator, who forgot to vote for his own pick; and it lost by a single vote, despite being the best song in the whole competition :-(
In all seriousness, well done @BlueHammer85 for organising and managing it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.