The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Tough one for me, both brilliant and quite innovative for the times, but had to go with ‘GV’, some great memories as we had a stack load of ‘Beach Boys’ LP’s I’d play on one of those gramophone things that doubled up as a sideboard.

Delia, just a brilliant tune and highly nostalgic for me.
‘Good Vibrations’ is still a decent song, mind. Never quite got The Beach Boys though. I remember as a kid always seeing ‘Pet Sounds’ being positioned as the greatest album ever made by the NME, Melody Maker etc. when I finally got around to listening to it, I’d never been so let down.

‘Good Vibrations’ is still a decent song, mind. Never quite got The Beach Boys though. I remember as a kid always seeing ‘Pet Sounds’ being positioned as the greatest album ever made by the NME, Melody Maker etc. when I finally got around to listening to it, I’d never been so let down.

Funnily enough i listened to it for the first time all the way through a couple of months back. Ridiculously overated album. Can't agree about good vibrations though it's much much better than just decent.

Last edited:
Behave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.