The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Yep. This is what bothers me about such criticism. If one dislikes the thread then there are two options: (1) go away or (2) start your own thread and fix all the "problems" you see . . . and if it's a better mousetrap, people will become more engaged.

Alas, some would rather woman and moan about things, despite the fact that @BlueHammer85 is volunteering his time and energy over many months to put this together and maintain it, despite the fact that he has a life (I assume :)).
Volunteering his time?
He's been taking backhanders throughout the competition, stitching up a certain band and solo artist. There was corruption in one of my entries in this round but I won't reveal the song until the end of the round,

I think Heroes is a -- if not the -- favo(u)rite to win it all.
Based on the voting numbers to date I would say it is.

Personally I much prefer BOC which was my second favourite of those songs left in the competition behind The Boxer.

After all the songs were listed The Boxer was number one for me so congrats to who chose it.

Hope I am wrong but I think if it gets Heroes in the next round it will not make it through which is a pity because while I rate Bowie highly I can think of at least 30 tracks of his off the cuff that I would have ahead of this one which might say more about his consistency and versality than anything else as opposed to my rating of this song and my firm view that the Boxer is a better song on so many levels.

Heroes will go through to the final ten which means I have two songs that I thought all things being equal that I thought deserved to be in the final ten will make it which I suppose given my tastes is better than I expected despite both being timeless classics as my others all didn't make it past the first / second round (LOL).

Yep. This is what bothers me about such criticism. If one dislikes the thread then there are two options: (1) go away or (2) start your own thread and fix all the "problems" you see . . . and if it's a better mousetrap, people will become more engaged.

Alas, some would rather woman and moan about things, despite the fact that @BlueHammer85 is volunteering his time and energy over many months to put this together and maintain it, despite the fact that he has a life (I assume :)).
By all means critique the song or the artist or other commentary giving as objective a reason or reasons as possible as to why which in some cases I have seen little of but its pointless attacking the format , clips on you tube etc because you dislike the fact its a live version etc and then concluding the thread has lost its " soul ".

Your post on Nevermind I found intriguing , somewhat enlightening and hard to make a counter argument that makes objective sense which I suspect that the very few that might revel in what came before and beyond Nevermind would not wish to entertain in terms of influence and a pivotal moment in music.

If there's one man that doesn't Fear The Reaper it's this man! Bowie surely a finalist at this rate.
Blue Oyster Cult had a impressive run which saw them knockout the Beatles on the way. Big attendance.

(Don't Fear) The Reaper 25 - 45 Heroes

Last edited:
Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Round R4/M10
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
v
Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary

If there's one man that doesn't Fear The Reaper it's this man! Bowie surely a finalist at this rate.
Blue Oyster Cult had a impressive run which saw them knockout the Beatles on the way. Big attendance.

(Don't Fear) The Reaper 25 - 45 Heroes
It would have got through against 95% of the other songs. I demand a redraw :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.