The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

As others have said, great effort @BlueHammer85 this is a great thread/competition which must have taken you a lot of time / effort.

Out of curiousity - and it is only curiousity - how do you make the draw??
Is it literally names out of a hat??

Cheers sir!

I use this - https://pickerwheel.com/

Put all the songs on there and let the wheel decide at totally random. Fair to say the first draw took some time!

Quater final will kick off Monday

final 10 in the hat :

James - Born of Frustration
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
David Bowie - Heroes
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
Oasis - Live Forever
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
Really strange as most of those aren't necessarily the artists best songs, although all are worthy, obviously.
Interesting.

Really strange as most of those aren't necessarily the artists best songs, although all are worthy, obviously.
Interesting.
That’s because the submitted songs weren’t supposed to be the “best” anything — just five songs each participant liked with some strictures around the submissions.

I personally think a few are the artist’s bests and/or my personal favo(u)rites or close to it. But seeing as I have one in the final 10, I will leave off commenting for now :)

Please click 'Like' on the song you prefer.

Quarter Final/M1
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
v
Oasis - Live Forever

ETS is a hauntingly brilliant electro pop classic, with a stunning video.

Live forever is a rather simple pub rock song, that sounds great when belting it out in a field, after a few beers.

Both have played big parts in my life at different times. But, if you are judging on the quality of song, ETS pisses this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.