The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

Not that it will matter and neither should it in a head to head but the Boxer received significantly more votes in the lead up to the final than Gimme Shelter.
It's an interesting point and I've now looked back at both songs route to the final.

As you say, The Boxer has amassed more points total, but in terms of opposition and the songs/bands that Gimme Shelter has beaten, I would argue this song has had a tougher route to the final

No Gimme Shelter my first pick,How soon is now my second.
Stones my favourite group.
Favourite Stones period the run off albums Beggars Banquet to Exile.
Picked the last time as my favourite Stones from 60's.
Loved the Smiths from the first time i heard them.
It was a little tongue in cheek or should I say tongue out of cheek but no doubt your favourite period and those 4 albums saw the catalogue at its peak.

One of the biggest misnomers is when you Youtube woman and you get Meredith Brooks WTF.

It's an interesting point and I've now looked back at both songs route to the final.

As you say, The Boxer has amassed more points total, but in terms of opposition and the songs/bands that Gimme Shelter has beaten, I would argue this song has had a tougher route to the final
Looks pretty equal to me.

Two well deserving songs in the final, it'll be close and there won't be more than a couple of votes in this. I could vote for both and if the Stones win, it would be well deserved, but as another poster mentioned @mancity111 the Boxer is a song that can stop me doing anything and I have to listen to it from start to finish.

Must have heard it a thousand times, but the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up when I hear the lines:

In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains

@BlueHammer85 I was a bit late finding this thread, but what an amazing competition, thanks for organising it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.