The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P220 - R2/M109 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Hold On To Yourself) v Wilson Pickett (Bring It On Home To Me)

It's not very often myself.and Jim agree on a musical front but having played both (about 30-40 seconds of each is all I could take) I have to declare I am abstaining.

All I can say to each artist in terms of my vote is you just haven't earned it yet baby.....
....yet you can listen to the dire dirge that is Morrissey......very strange ;)

Hmm, you get some particularly unenthralling fixtures in the 3rd round of the FA Cup too despite the big guns being in it.

I almost put this Disturbed song in as my pick.
Good enough for Paul Simon to let Disturbed singer David Draiman know he liked it, good enough for me.

Probably suffering from the Pentatronix version too. If you only hear the beginning, then yeah, you aren't getting where it is going. Pretty popular version within the metal and alternative genres.

It's not very often myself.and Jim agree on a musical front but having played both (about 30-40 seconds of each is all I could take) I have to declare I am abstaining.

All I can say to each artist in terms of my vote is you just haven't earned it yet baby.....
Boy, you aren't right very often :) but in this case . . . . ugh. I very much like White Stripes normally but dear me. And Disturbed was . . . well, disturbing. I have a thing against fake Halloween metal growl-vocals. Apologies to our contributors, but both were absolute butchery. The point is to make a cover your own, or make it better, not do a carbon copy nor (as in this case) make it worse. I finally decided to go with Disturbed since it's marginally less terrible and life is often about two shit choices but I don't feel good about it.

Why do people come in and say they don't like either?

Just don't post anything.

It's like walking through town and you see a notice for guitar lessons and then getting really annoyed saying but I don't want a guitar lesson.

Odd.

Why do people come in and say they don't like either?

Just don't post anything.

It's like walking through town and you see a notice for guitar lessons and then getting really annoyed saying but I don't want a guitar lesson.

Odd.
Because whether or not I want a guitar lesson doesn’t have any bearing on whether or not I get a Morrissey mug.

In other words, all the songs picked here are absolute shite except for my five. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.