The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - P220 - R2/M109 - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Hold On To Yourself) v Wilson Pickett (Bring It On Home To Me)

The Mighty Deep Purple walk away with this one. Jon Lord is the master of the Hammond Organ and Blackmore's guitar fills are the work of a genius (even if they are not his best work).

The Slits version is simply awful and laughable in comparison to Marvin's - a very unfortunate choice.

Last edited:
We've already had the definitive version of IHITTG. Plus, who can resist that Hammond on "Hush"?
Interestingly, I didn't know this was a cover.
Somebody's Image headed up by a legendary Aussie artist Russell Morris ( still going strong ) did a cover of this song back in 1967.

Somebody's Image headed up by a legendary Aussie artist Russell Morris ( still going strong ) did a cover of this song back in 1967.
Yeah, I did a quick Google to confirm this was a cover and was amazed by the number of versions there are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.