The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

I like these too though “solo artist” is hard to define. Eg. Dave Grohl played every instrument on nearly every track of Foo Fighters debut; Bob Dylan certainly owes a lot of credit to his band; etc.
Solo artist would simply be someone that performs under their own name.
Kate Bush, to use an example from last time, is clearly a solo artist, yet she has other musicians.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers would be a no, but Tom Petty solo would be fine.

Just my thoughts

Don't knock Ed. I may not be a fan of his music but he has inspired a generation of kids to pick up guitars and that is a good thing in my book
And he's made being an ugly ginger cool with the birds. Might have something to do with the piles of cash he's made rehashing the same song over and over...

See also Adele. Beyonce. Swift.

I think there should be plenty of Smiths songs allowed.

I mean, given how many got smacked down in the last cup, the big songs by talented artists should have a chance to compete against League Two opposition at home sometimes. :)
Aye the league two opposition in Depeche Mode had a good run in the last one.

You could always have a totally random element -

Songs with a colour in the title, bands with 3 members, Singers born before x date, animal featuring somewhere in the name etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.