The Bluemoon Song Cup 2024 - R3/M139 - P262 - The Who (Won't Get Fooled Again) v AC/DC (Highway To Hell)

Oh man. Here we disagree. A string of great singles in the 60’s. Three classic albums, two of which are doubles. And plenty of very good, sometimes classic music on other albums.

Also, to see the original Who with Moon on drums was one of the great concert experiences, as good as anything I’ve seen and I’ve seen a lot.
Yeah, once I read those comments, I looked below figuring you'd be all over that, and you nailed it.

Not only that, but they inspired so many bands that came afterwards too.

Punk rock: The Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the Clash, Green Day, MC5, and the Stooges
Hard rock: Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, and AC/DC
Pop punk and Britpop: Oasis, Blur, and Panic! at the Disco
Other bands: U2, Cheap Trick, The Jam, Pearl Jam, Queen, The Black Keys, The White Stripes, and Rush

The Who are considered one of the most influential rock bands of the 20th century. Their unique sound is characterized by powerful guitar riffs, aggressive drumming, and thundering basslines. They are also credited with originating the rock opera, with Tommy and Quadrophenia being early examples.

Thank you AI, it is Sunday and I need a lazy afternoon while I watch this final match.

Yeah, once I read those comments, I looked below figuring you'd be all over that, and you nailed it.

Not only that, but they inspired so many bands that came afterwards too.

Punk rock: The Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the Clash, Green Day, MC5, and the Stooges
Hard rock: Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, and AC/DC
Pop punk and Britpop: Oasis, Blur, and Panic! at the Disco
Other bands: U2, Cheap Trick, The Jam, Pearl Jam, Queen, The Black Keys, The White Stripes, and Rush

The Who are considered one of the most influential rock bands of the 20th century. Their unique sound is characterized by powerful guitar riffs, aggressive drumming, and thundering basslines. They are also credited with originating the rock opera, with Tommy and Quadrophenia being early examples.

Thank you AI, it is Sunday and I need a lazy afternoon while I watch this final match.
Ahem - think you'll find that Rush inspired Rush (as confirmed by all of the Rush-heads on all of our numerous music threads)......... :-)

Ahem - think you'll find that Rush inspired Rush (as confirmed by all of the Rush-heads on all of our numerous music threads)......... :-)

Geddy Lee is on record as describing Pete Townsend as the best song writer.

The Who, Cream, Yardbirds, Zep and Buffalo Springfield are acknowledged by Rush as key influences. They covered a Who song on their mini album / E.P.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.