The Boxing thread

Agree with a lot this but I think Fury could cause Usyk more problems. Fury would be clinching him and leaning on him, think it would be difficult for Usyk to to combat that for 12 rounds.

If people want to see why boxers are so concerned about losing, read this thread. A lot of boxing fans see losses as some incurable career disease, not forgetting the best boxers like SRR or Ali all had losses. This idea that as soon as you lose you are terrible boxer who is unbelievably shit has to change. I blame Mayweather for it personally!!!
I blame Brian Nielsen

Fair and reasoned - to be fair to Joshua he has maximised a very lucrative career riding the crest of a wave from the Olympics and on relatively limited talent...........
He’s very marketable but with that massively overhyped. I think someone made a good point earlier about him not really having a fighters heart. He looked like he didn’t have any deep down belief he would win that last night, even with the power he does have and could cause the problem with.

Joshua looked like Chelsea did in possession yesterday… didn’t really want it because they were scared of what City would do.

His corner didn’t help with that, but maybe they also see his limitations and don’t believe in him so were also just being pragmatic - “keep your left hand up, that’s why your eye is swelling up” instead of “come forward on a solid jab and start to use your right cross”.

Usyk was outstanding, last night, as he always has been. That he coped easily with a much larger opponent is testimony to his skill. I am also not sure that AJ is that bothered - he's achieved a lot but he never struck me as someone in love with the sport, nor someone who placed all his value as a man in what he achieved in the ring. Good luck to him whatever he now decides to do.

I even fell for it and backed him as an outside shot against Haye when he was talking all biblical after he layed out Sprott with that punch - never again.............
I think that was sarcasm, it surely had to be. They tried to hype Harrison but "lucrative career"? Harrison burned people so bad that people refused to give AJ any credit from day one no matter how many times he proved them wrong.

Last edited:
Wilder was only picked to beat Fury because Fury was out of shape. The whole reason that fight happened. Wlad was picked to beat AJ too and there's not a name on Fury's resume that AJ wouldn't beat either. You don't get to where AJ got to without having something special at the speed he did it(faster than Fury and he boxed since 10 years old).

AJ has unified titles, defended multiple times against mandataries. Fury is yet to do either. He beat Wlad, ducked the rematch, came back had a few tune-ups and fought a protected hype job with one good punch. Since coming back the only fights of note he's had are Wilder and Otto Wallin(AJ's old sparring partner for the Charles Martin fight) who caused him more problems than he should have(other fighters would have been slated for that).

Usyk beats Fury IMO. When has Fury ever been in with someone with better footwork than him and faster hands? He's not outboxing Usyk and he's definitely not knocking him out. He wont take that fight, he'll downplay it, he wasn't even going to fight AJ IMO.
Joshua is simply a marketing man’s dream. He is frank bruno with an edge and I say that as someone who always believed Bruno was a lot better than he was given credit for.
Tyson is a true fighting man. I don’t think he would simply beat Joshua, I believe he would ruin him. He would box Usyk’s head off for 12 rounds and win a UD with ease.

Joshua is simply a marketing man’s dream. He is frank bruno with an edge and I say that as someone who always believed Bruno was a lot better than he was given credit for.
Tyson is a true fighting man. I don’t think he would simply beat Joshua, I believe he would ruin him. He would box Usyk’s He would box Usyk’s head off for 12 rounds and win a UD with ease.
That's nice but I disagree with pretty much all of that, especially the last part.

The saying goes "A good big guy beats a good small guy of equal skill" but they aren't of equal skill for me. Tyson Fury is a good boxer but he's overrated himself by too many. He is beatable the times he's been hurt, rocked, put down and struggled against people he shouldn't have shown that but excuses are made for him that others wouldn't get. I think he could get found out by someone who plays his own game better than him on the boxing and ring IQ side of things.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.