The Boxing thread

Unless he changes his trainer he's finished.
McCracken has a good resume but was hailed as some kind of tactical guru when AJ moved around the fat party animal version of Ruiz for 12 rounds. I’m not even sure that “plan” came from Rob - I think AJ having taken his first proper beating from Ruiz (and let’s be honest he quit that night) didn’t want to engage in the rematch or in any subsequent fight it now seems.

He needs a fresh start, new trainer, get rid of all the “stay humble” hangers on, no more camps with the ams in Sheffield. Go to the States, get a new trainer - Robert Garcia maybe ? - get some proper sparring, see if he’s still got the fire in him that Ruiz seemingly bludgeoned out.

Pass on the Usyk rematch, have a comeback fight knock over job then fight Whyte. That would be a decent litmus test of where he’s at

Yep it was draw, still a robbery, Holyfield actually did much better in rematch
I flew to New York to watch that draw at MSG. Superb trip and got to see the full 12 rounds but it was never a draw. On a side note, favourite heavyweight fight I’ve ever attended was Tyson at the nynex. Way past his best but just to see the lights switched off and him walk out to the sound of an air raid siren, was the bollocks.

I watched the fight on DAZN with Spanish commentary. After two rounds I thought Joshua was doing all right - won the second and might have nicked the first although on replay I gave it to Usyk. Looked on Twitter and everyone was saying he was getting destroyed?!

After 6 rounds it was 3-3 and after 8 it was 4-4. I thought after round 2 the fight was really easy to score.

There’s the obvious overreaction to an AJ loss but he can beat Usyk. Considering how few times he caught him Usyk’s face was a mess and he was really hurt by every body shot. AJ’s issue is durability. I don’t think he was fighting scared or he even thought he could out box him I just think the whole night was about not gassing because he knew as soon as he was gassed Usyk would annihilate him. The lack of commitment in his punches was a real concern. The only way he can win the rematch is with a much higher output, more grappling, stiffer jabs and attacking the body. That can only be done by making it a 6 round fight and accepting if he can’t get him out he’ll either have to quit or get sparked out himself.
Got to agree to disagree with your scoring mate as usyk in my eyes clearly won the first round and although Joshua did a bit more second round usyk did him again . In the third usyk hurt him and this is when Joshua thought “if I got toe to toe this guy can knock me out ‘ and he carried on dancing and jabbing . I gave Joshua 3 rounds and maybe a fourth but after that he was outboxed very easily . As for the renatch he has a punchers chance like everybody but he will have to really change his game plan to prevail. You have levels in boxing and Joshua is levels below usyk I’m afraid .

He doesn’t deserve a rematch and the fact he will get one is the epitome of why boxing has become a joke of a sport. It’s more of a popularity contest that sporting contest.

Twice in world title fights Joshua has been well beaten, and twice he will get an immediate rematch. It’s the same with Wilder and Fury. The first fight was close enough to warrant the rematch. But Fury utterly destroyed Wilder in the second match. There is zero need for the trilogy.

There was a time where champions who lost their belt had to work their way back to the top. Now it’s a money making scam which holds up the division due to undeserved rematches.

How many top ranked opponents has Dillion White fought whilst being the number 1 contender? He’s still waiting for his title shot whilst Wilder and Joshua seem to stay at the top despite being well beaten in title fights.
100 percent Correct mate . Joshua is Eddie Hearns golden goose so he will want the renatch and in the uk so he can get the judges behind him because even on Saturday night after 8 rounds it’s was even on scorecards it was gearing towards a fix .

I flew to New York to watch that draw at MSG. Superb trip and got to see the full 12 rounds but it was never a draw. On a side note, favourite heavyweight fight I’ve ever attended was Tyson at the nynex. Way past his best but just to see the lights switched off and him walk out to the sound of an air raid siren, was the bollocks.

yes I also went to that fight, Francis threw himself on the floor after getting grazed a few times, took the money and ran lol

remember Calzaghes awful fight with Starie on the undercard and me and Being impressed with a young City fan called Hatton,

Got to agree to disagree with your scoring mate as usyk in my eyes clearly won the first round and although Joshua did a bit more second round usyk did him again . In the third usyk hurt him and this is when Joshua thought “if I got toe to toe this guy can knock me out ‘ and he carried on dancing and jabbing . I gave Joshua 3 rounds and maybe a fourth but after that he was outboxed very easily . As for the renatch he has a punchers chance like everybody but he will have to really change his game plan to prevail. You have levels in boxing and Joshua is levels below usyk I’m afraid .
Agreed. Usyk won the first 4 rounds comfortably. In my eyes rounds 5 and 6 are the only two rounds in the entire fight Joshua probably won.
Every other round was Usyk.
Complete dominance. The rematch their is only one winner and this time it's going to be a stoppage.

Agreed. Usyk won the first 4 rounds comfortably. In my eyes rounds 5 and 6 are the only two rounds in the entire fight Joshua probably won.
Every other round was Usyk.
Complete dominance. The rematch their is only one winner and this time it's going to be a stoppage.
Bang on mate.
"Super heavyweights should stick to fighting and earning as Super heavyweights"

The heavy weight championship of the world is open to smaller solider men as in the past marciano tyson holyfield usyk.

Too busy looking at their bulk in a mirror these days to even think like a fighter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.