The Boxing thread

Just gonna say I was drunk while watching this and will watch again. But I was shocked at Chris Mannix(or whatever his name is) from DAZN's scorecard when it was shown around round 7(he had Sorrano up 6 rounds to 1). To me, with the sound off, it looked as though Katie took the first 3-4 rounds. Sorrano was throwing lots but Katie was taking most of those on the gloves then coming back with scoring punches, she had better control of distance and look the more comfortable fighter. Then obviously Sarrano dominated the middle rounds after hurting her and she looked really good in those rounds but you can't judge other rounds based off that. I start each round viewing it as if it was a clean slate, that's what judges are supposed to do. Katie recovered though and the last rounds seemed close. The way DAZN was calling it(from what little I did see and hear of their scores and such) I was expecting a Sorrano decision. I'm glad I watched with the sound off but since I'm going against the grain I will have to watch it again to be sure. Draw seemed fairest result, nobody dominated that fight overall though for me. People might be tempted to judge it on the middle rounds where the most damage was dished out but she couldn't get her out of there ultimately(Katie is too battle hardened). I do agree Katie was throwing arm punches towards the end but Sorrano' didn't look comfy either(especially in the corner)... those last rounds when I watch them back will decide it for me.

Great fight anyway, glad I sided with this match up from the two main events tonight.

Last edited:
It could be called a draw, i think Serrano will get it but it's close.
It is called protecting your big name fighter and this is exactly the reason I don’t watch Katie Taylor because she is the new canelo who will always get the decision. Last Time at the garden she she was lucky as well .

It is called protecting your big name fighter and this is exactly the reason I don’t watch Katie Taylor because she is the new canelo who will always get the decision. Last Time at the garden she she was lucky as well .
To dethrone a world champion you have to either knock him/her out or at least completely dominate. It's always been so..yes Katie has got a few close calls gone her way but that comes with being champion.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.