The Boxing thread

conormcfc said:
Pointless fight as predicted. Cotto did more than Guerrero.

Fight Martinez/Trout/Canelo/Pacquiao now please.... and please don't take another year off.

pointless fight or a good warm me up?

I'd say, though I expect you'll say the opposite, that to take a fighter on of that class after 12 months and totally out box him was kind of impressive (but to him a tune up most probably for Broner). I'd love the Martinez fight but it won't generate the PPV audience Broner would, he's got 5 left and I expect the legacy you begrudge him of will of been cemented by the end even to his harshest critics!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
conormcfc said:

Fight Martinez/Trout/Canelo/Pacquiao now please.... and please don't take another year off.

I'd say, though I expect you'll say the opposite, that to take a fighter on of that class after 12 months and totally out box him was kind of impressive (but to him a tune up most probably for Broner). I'd love the Martinez fight but it won't generate the PPV audience Broner would, he's got 5 left and I expect the legacy you begrudge him of will of been cemented by the end even to his harshest critics!!
He's been 'warming up' ever since the Mosley fight in 2010.

He was always going to outbox Guerrero, I don't know what made anyone think that beating Andre Berto somehow made Guerrero a legitimate contender. The last real challenge he had was Salido about 8 years ago and he got outboxed. This was a mismatch from day 1 and I've said so in previous posts before the fight had even been made.

If Mayweather fights Broner this year I will stop posting in this thread.

I reckon more casuals would know Martinez than Broner anyway. There's not too much difference in name value between the two at the moment either way. Not that being a PPV draw ever mattered anyway, if it did then Robert Guerrero wouldn't have been in the frame in the first place.

leighton said:
Might not have to wait long. IF Broner beats Paulie Maginella I know I spelled his name wrong. Then the chances are of the 2 fighting will be sky high. I think America would love that fight 2 cocky fighters that most of America wants to see loose and it will be a PPV hit in the US. That would be a great fight. Money is something else I have said it before and will say it again the greatest boxer I have seen to go so long like that without a fight and come back and fight to a high level amazing.
Broner would have his ass handed to him, the modt over hyped fighter on the earth he has fought no one yet and if he beats paulie it will hardly be consodered an accomplishment, de leon gave him a run for his money, id love to see broner canelo however and watch him get pummeld

conormcfc said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
conormcfc said:

He's been 'warming up' ever since the Mosley fight in 2010.

He was always going to outbox Guerrero, I don't know what made anyone think that beating Andre Berto somehow made Guerrero a legitimate contender. The last real challenge he had was Salido about 8 years ago and he got outboxed. This was a mismatch from day 1 and I've said so in previous posts before the fight had even been made.

If Mayweather fights Broner this year I will stop posting in this thread.

I reckon more casuals would know Martinez than Broner anyway. There's not too much difference in name value between the two at the moment either way. Not that being a PPV draw ever mattered anyway, if it did then Robert Guerrero wouldn't have been in the frame in the first place.

Conor then who should he fight?? Marthinez wasnt too good against Martin Murray who if it was outside of Argentina would of had a great chance of being world champion now. I look at Canelo's last fight and it was a close 1 but I still dont think he is ready and maybe should rematch Trout again.
Manny Pacquaio who knows what he is going to be doing as it is too quiet now. More than likely a rematch with Marquez will be on the cards.
Marquez on the other hand I would like to see him fighting Money 1 more time but Money took him apart when they fought last.
Tim Bradley isnt a name too. And I also noticed that he and Marquez are fighting each other so that rules those 2 out of a fight with Money until next years.
Devon Alexander and Kell Brook well both could well be fighting each other at Welterweight not much to choose from.
As for fighters coming up from the lower divison. Danny Garcia not ready for the fight maybe he should of KOd Zab Judah but didnt happen. Petersen and Khan just dont think Petersen is good enough and Khans needs more time with his new trainer before they even think about him and Money.
I just cant see money fighting a Middleweight a proper middleweight as its too much for him. Technically he is able to fight them but the real middleweights might be too much for him. Time will tell but the talent isnt as strong it seems and fighters getting old dont help.
Thats why I mentioned Broner as a possible contender.

Guerrero was way out of his depth as everybody with any sense said when it was made

Who should Floyd fight now ?

Ask 100 proper boxing fans and to a man they will answer "Canelo".

But he'll duck out of that one and fight another meaningless opponent, Buncey said he may fight the winner of Peterson/Matthyse, there's been plenty of talk of a Khan fight, Martinez now he's so obviously declined will become a viable opponent etc etc.

He's a great boxer Floyd but he'll never be a great champion

leighton said:
Conor then who should he fight?? Marthinez wasnt too good against Martin Murray who if it was outside of Argentina would of had a great chance of being world champion now. I look at Canelo's last fight and it was a close 1 but I still dont think he is ready and maybe should rematch Trout again.
Manny Pacquaio who knows what he is going to be doing as it is too quiet now. More than likely a rematch with Marquez will be on the cards.
Marquez on the other hand I would like to see him fighting Money 1 more time but Money took him apart when they fought last.
Tim Bradley isnt a name too. And I also noticed that he and Marquez are fighting each other so that rules those 2 out of a fight with Money until next years.
Devon Alexander and Kell Brook well both could well be fighting each other at Welterweight not much to choose from.
As for fighters coming up from the lower divison. Danny Garcia not ready for the fight maybe he should of KOd Zab Judah but didnt happen. Petersen and Khan just dont think Petersen is good enough and Khans needs more time with his new trainer before they even think about him and Money.
I just cant see money fighting a Middleweight a proper middleweight as its too much for him. Technically he is able to fight them but the real middleweights might be too much for him. Time will tell but the talent isnt as strong it seems and fighters getting old dont help.

I've already listed 4 names who I'd be happy for him to fight (Martinez/Canelo/Pac/Trout).

Broner won't happen for at least a couple of years.

At a stretch I'd say someone like Matthysse, he wouldn't be ideal but I'd live with it.

All 4 guys in the brackets are available RIGHT NOW. We can make excuses all day, sick of hearing it.

conormcfc said:
leighton said:

I've already listed 4 names who I'd be happy for him to fight (Martinez/Canelo/Pac/Trout).

Broner won't happen for at least a couple of years.

At a stretch I'd say someone like Matthysse, he wouldn't be ideal but I'd live with it.

All 4 guys in the brackets are available RIGHT NOW. We can make excuses all day, sick of hearing it.

Canelo v Trout 2 has to happen for me. Pacman will not fight Money next off 2 back to back defeats so it leaves Martinez which would be a good fight but I cant for the life of me see Money moving up to fight him at middleweight too much of a ask. Maybe a catch weight but not as a full middleweight fight.

conormcfc said:
He's said a few times he'd go down to 154 to fight Mayweather.

Pacquiao is fully capable of having a tune up and being ready for Mayweather by the time he decides to fight again.

Conor Manny has other fish to fry first. The Pacman fight there isnt much interest in it what does Money benefit from beating Pacman after he has been beaten in his last 2 fights??? You will get people saying Manny was finished as a fighter. I would love to see Manny going for Bradley and Marquez and try and get the wins there first. Marquez seems to have Manny's number in my opinion. I know what some say I just would want to see Manny get back in there with Bradley. Saying that for Manny its going on 6 months and no sign of any fight being made for Manny yet. Is he taking time out. Also Pacquiao is running in elections in May. So for me any fight wont be made until late September or early October thats if he decides to continue fighting. So that fight depending on Pacman winning his return fight could well be way into this time next year if not late next year. Money has to stay active and will fight maybe 1 more time this year.
All we can do is wait and see whats lined up for the end of the year in terms for a fight with Money. A lot of fighters wont fight him simply because there promotors wont just throw them into Money straight away be it Canelo or even Broner until they see signs of Money fading in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.