The Boxing thread

John Murray was class. Done a job looked dangerous from the get go. Pissed off at the way the panel think Crolla would have too much for Murray think they are way off the mark. Crolla doesnt punch hard enough to troble Murray and Murray's body punching will be too much for Crolla fancy Murray by stoppage. Some good fights in British Euro level Stephen Ormond , Buckland , Rees , Tommy Coyle and Kevin Mitchell as well as Ricky Burns I would fancy Murray to beat them all if he has the desire to do it.

Lomachenko got beaten on the cards last night 2 fight as a pro and beaten in a split decision.

Could anyone guestimate how much Froch v Groves II tickets might be? I imagine Wembley plus the hype might push the price up!

Hate boxing in football stadiums not bothering with Froch/Groves so will watch on the box instead.

Just got tickets for 19th April £36.20 each including booking fee and delivery

ell said:
Hate boxing in football stadiums not bothering with Froch/Groves so will watch on the box instead.

So your going to the Quigg fight then. Murray v Crolla is signed. John Murray to win by KO. Murray looked class last time out and Crolla will find it hard to cope with his power.

On and the main event is the biggest joke ever. I hate the WBA in this division technically they have 3 world champions. Which is fucking crazy and makes the WBA look a joke should only be 1 belt.
Rigondeaux should be there only world champion. He is classed as a Super Champion. So now they have the so called Regular Champion Quigg fighting the Interim Champion Cermeno for the Regular title. Its so fucked up. Quigg in my view is World Champion by default and stupid rules. Quigg should of boxed the real champion Rigondeaux for the real championship but that wont happen any time soon. Quigg will continue to defend his regular title but will avoid the main man in WBA forever. Hearn is laughing his cock off to get Quigg as a champion was a good move. Quigg hasnt yet been in with a banger yet a powerful puncher which is sad. He has already been put down in his fights. He avoided Frampton for long enough as his team knew that it is a step too far for him. Just looking at the boxrec rankings Quigg is at 11 while Frampton is at 4 while Frampton has a win over the number 3 by ko in Kiko so technically you could say Frampton is 3.
Anyway my rant is over. Hope you have a great night. Always good to go to the fights. Love it.

Leighton, are you Barry McGuigan ?!?!!

Seriously though is nobody else concerned about John Murray ? He's old now and he's been in a lot of wars and his style if we can judge anything by his 2 recent fights hasn't evolved. He just walks forward in straight lines, stands in the pocket and lets it go which is wonderful for fight fans but possibly not so good for John's long term health as he had a brain scare a couple of years back and I just wonder what he has to gain from a couple of domestic dust ups which won't earn him big bucks.

I have the utmost respect for the lad but he's past his best now and I think he should hang up his gloves

Fucking hell, just listened to Rockin Robin Deaken on Talksport, who has lost his last 51 pro fights, not surprisingly, the board of control has withdrawn his licence and he now boxes under a Maltese licence, he sounded as though he may of taken one punch too many.

Santiago Street . said:
Leighton, are you Barry McGuigan ?!?!!

Seriously though is nobody else concerned about John Murray ? He's old now and he's been in a lot of wars and his style if we can judge anything by his 2 recent fights hasn't evolved. He just walks forward in straight lines, stands in the pocket and lets it go which is wonderful for fight fans but possibly not so good for John's long term health as he had a brain scare a couple of years back and I just wonder what he has to gain from a couple of domestic dust ups which won't earn him big bucks.

I have the utmost respect for the lad but he's past his best now and I think he should hang up his gloves

Haha no I not Barry. I just hate the way the WBA has 3 world champions in 1 weight division its like they are giving the titles away at times. Each organisation should only have 1 World Champion. Just how I feel about it.

leighton said:
ell said:

So your going to the Quigg fight then. Murray v Crolla is signed. John Murray to win by KO. Murray looked class last time out and Crolla will find it hard to cope with his power.

On and the main event is the biggest joke ever. I hate the WBA in this division technically they have 3 world champions. Which is fucking crazy and makes the WBA look a joke should only be 1 belt.
Rigondeaux should be there only world champion. He is classed as a Super Champion. So now they have the so called Regular Champion Quigg fighting the Interim Champion Cermeno for the Regular title. Its so fucked up. Quigg in my view is World Champion by default and stupid rules. Quigg should of boxed the real champion Rigondeaux for the real championship but that wont happen any time soon. Quigg will continue to defend his regular title but will avoid the main man in WBA forever. Hearn is laughing his cock off to get Quigg as a champion was a good move. Quigg hasnt yet been in with a banger yet a powerful puncher which is sad. He has already been put down in his fights. He avoided Frampton for long enough as his team knew that it is a step too far for him. Just looking at the boxrec rankings Quigg is at 11 while Frampton is at 4 while Frampton has a win over the number 3 by ko in Kiko so technically you could say Frampton is 3.
Anyway my rant is over. Hope you have a great night. Always good to go to the fights. Love it.

Fully expecting the Quigg fight to be dull as.

Murray Vs Crolla is the main event in my opinion. The card for Liverpool a week on saturday is much better, but I will be at Hull in the afternoon so will watch that on the box instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.