The Boxing thread

I want Garcia to win too, his stock will skyrocket going up against the bigger guy who in Broner's words fancies himself as the far superior boxer between the two. There's confidence and there's sheer arrogance.

The cut the guy Frampton got was a nasty cut on his chin. Now the chances of the fight happening any time soon is all but over. I do now wonder what Team Frampton do next. Do they just go in with the Selbys and fight for the title off the back of a loss or get a warm up fight before it and put the Selby fight back to the beginning of 2018 at the earliest. I hope the fighter heals up well. I think this is a one off and a bad misjudgement on the Frampton team and they will be on weight limit the next time they fight if they cant make that weight division I think it would be best for him to retire as fighting at Super featherweight he would find it harder.

The cut the guy Frampton got was a nasty cut on his chin. Now the chances of the fight happening any time soon is all but over. I do now wonder what Team Frampton do next. Do they just go in with the Selbys and fight for the title off the back of a loss or get a warm up fight before it and put the Selby fight back to the beginning of 2018 at the earliest. I hope the fighter heals up well. I think this is a one off and a bad misjudgement on the Frampton team and they will be on weight limit the next time they fight if they cant make that weight division I think it would be best for him to retire as fighting at Super featherweight he would find it harder.
Weight cutting in combat sports fucking bugs the shite out of me. Its about time they somehow sorted it out. Its dangerous and gives some fighters a massive advantage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Weight cutting in combat sports fucking bugs the shite out of me. Its about time they somehow sorted it out. Its dangerous and gives some fighters a massive advantage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree but how do you sort it. Some fights get made in x amount of time say a 2 month limit from fight being made to taking place. I honestly think if a fight for a world title is made they should be checking weight regularly. As in 2 months before a fight they should be around a certain weight. 1 month a certain weight where all they get to loose is say 3 to 5 pounds to fight night. I just dont think it will happen sadly. Its wrong but I honestly think the only way the fighters will make the weight is if there fight purse is cut big time. Missing the weight the first time 25 % of the purse goes to the fighter they are fighting. Do it again 50 % of the purse goes to the fighter and do it 1 more time after that 75 % goes to the fighter and a final warning with the prospect of them loosing there boxing licence if they do it 1 more time. It will sorot the whole problem out. Make fighters who are weight drained to either move up a division straight away or just retire some fighters. I just think at a certain age the fighters find it harder to shift the weight unlike years before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.