The Boxing thread

totally agree about his settled place, however, hearing him speak over the last few years, his anger stemmed from being literally built to destroy.

I hope I’m right as mentally this isn’t about closure, more about riding the popularity wave and earning a few extra $$, anyway, by his own admission he couldn’t stop smoking bud on a ‘day to day’ so doubt it will happen (:

For me, I never mixed business with pleasure in my youth so I don't smoke and don't want to sound stereotypical, but can you train as sharp as that and still smoke a blunt every day?

For me, I never mixed business with pleasure in my youth so I don't smoke and don't want to sound stereotypical, but can you train as sharp as that and still smoke a blunt every day?

Dont want to see Tyson get back in the ring for a circus fight. No doubt getting himself fit will do him the world good.

Had Cus D'Amato been 20yrs younger heavyweight boxing history would be different imo.

I fought in my youth (celebrating my 40th today as it happens) and the thought of smoking a zoot or even being able to function would be a resounding no in that regard, however, this is a born killing machine we are taking about, I’d say he’d beat most people with half an ounce of spice in his system, never mind weed! (:

Zin, wonder if em chatted about that verse with MT.

You're Never Over - ' Proof you knew I'd come out of this slump rise from these ashes, come right back on they asses and go Mike Tyson on these bastards'

Hope so..

Zin, wonder if em chatted about that verse with MT.

You're Never Over - ' Proof you knew I'd come out of this slump rise from these ashes, come right back on they asses and go Mike Tyson on these bastards'

Hope so..

Quite profound that actually.... my dad continually reinforced to me ‘cream will always rise to the top’... Tyson invigorated my love for boxing as a kid, my old man waking up his little son to watch him on ITV, sat together watching this god.... I think to come from where he has, to be alive, let alone understanding himself, is the measure of a man and he has a peace we all strive for.. if he misunderstood himself how the fuck could anyone else understand him??

I've just found out about the Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson boxing match and also how much of a sore loser "Thor" is from a recent video from Eddie.

Basically Thor tried to ruin one of the best days of a fellow professionals career in 2017, instead of congratulations Eddie had to put up with people saying Thor should have won for years afterwards(wait a minute, Iceland... are Thor and his team Liverpool fans?):

Summary, he got beat in the Viking press by 1 rep but there were other events after this to put him ahead that he didn't win before he made it all about the Viking press. The footage shows behind the scenes of the ref talking about the double dip rule before the event and also Thor saying he will stay behind to show the ref his technique, to make sure it's ok.

Then it shows the event, where one rep was taken away. Before a conversation afterwards with an angry Thor and the ref. Where the ref explained to him that he saw 3 reps before it that he could have pulled him up on but chose not to because he thought he'd forgot about the rule. So he warned/reminded him about those and gave him a final warning and he still did it again, so he had to take one away. Also during Eddies set, you can hear the American commentators saying: "Eddie looked like he could have done more but knew he only need 15", while Thor was completely done after his last rep. The side-by-side(Eddie vs Thor) at the end is the nail in the coffin, Thor wasn't locking out properly for some reps including the last one that got taken away for a double dip.

It's seems like a good sporting rivalry this but can they not just do a strong man face off, instead of boxing? I have a bad feeling about it, they could really do damage to each other, these are people who don't know their own limits.

Last edited:
Watching fight night on BT sport. Without the crowd noise you realise how brutal, skillful and energy sapping this sport is. You can hear every punch pounding into the body of the opponent and every grunt and twitch of the boxer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.