The Boxing thread

Absolutely buzzing for this fight tomorrow, Love watching Usyk he is absolutely phononemial.
It will be interesting to see what happens if Joshua catches him clean to see what chin Usyk has, I fully fancy Usyk tonorrroe night I'm going for a late stoppage rounds 10-12. Usyk could win every round and the judges will fuck him over. Has to be a stoppage.
AJ seems too confident and imo Usyk has more craft but moving up a weight could be the difference. It will be a compelling match I’ve no doubt.

AJ seems too confident and imo Usyk has more craft but moving up a weight could be the difference. It will be a compelling match I’ve no doubt.
Definitely compelling, As you said Usyk has more craft than Joshua, But in Heavyweight fights and Usyk not being a heavyweight the fight could be over in the first three rounds.

Just nice to have a good fight on too. Pity about the undercard being piss poor.

I wonder what Joshua's approach will be to this one?

I think Joshua is a far better boxer than he gets credit for, but he's going up against arguably the most skilled boxer in the game. Using his jab to keep Usyk from closing up may be a step too far. But then just looking to bully him will be so difficult, again because Usyk is an elite fighter. Joshua isn't the best size bully (like Klitschko or Fury). He's probably banking on his power helping him out.

I expect Usyk to be his usual self. Probably more cautious, but still Usyk. Hopefully the size gain won't deprive us of a good performance.

I expect Joshua to win. I'm a hyper cynic with boxing matchmaking and much like with Canelo I don't think these matches get made without some "insight".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.