The Boxing thread

oldius said:
Golovkin was relentless. A very interesting boxer to watch; he's solid in all areas, very aggressive and very powerful.

If there's a small chance Mayweather will lose he doesn't take the fight.

The fact boxers pick and choose who they can beat really puts me off the sport.

Gennady Golovkin really is something special, he has totally wiped the Middleweight Division, looks like he will have to go up a weight. Been following him for a while and he looks the real deal. A legend in the making. Credit to Martin Murray though, a very tough fighter. His only three losses are from three world class champions.

GGG was always going to KO Murray. His gameplan was straightforward, let Murray get a few shots in whilst he systematically took parts of his body to town. Those early body shots were great. I thought the GGG uppercuts were a waste of energy but then a few rounds later, Murrays nose starts to bleed. GGG is the one boxer that almost seems to deliberately take a shot to get his spiteful sledgehammers in. Nobody in the game is lying when they say he's the hardest puncher in the division. Forget dropping down a weight. FM would not avoid him. It would just take too long for GGG to work down to that weight and then what? His future lies at an increased weight after he takes Cotto out, so that's where he'll remain. Murray was one brave kid, but he could have done more like Steve Collins said. Saying that, GGG might have been trying to get rounds in.

So Floyd, there's a lot of hate for him in the game. He's not avoided anyone. He's fought the highest calibre in the division, end of. He has the greatest defence in the game, and the most knowledgeable corner in preparing for fights. I think it's purely down to his persona "Money" and on here, his demolition of Hatton ;O). I do worry he'll lose to someone like Khan, not because Khan is better, just because FM is not getting any faster, and by the time a potential match up could be done he'd be nearer 60 than 20. I think Manny will get knocked out. He's had some really poor fights of late. But I'm a fan of both and glad they can at least duke it out at this late stage.

This would make my year:
Price v Joshua
Fury v Wilder (for a shot at Klitshko)
Billy Joe Saunders v Andy Lee (I'd love to see Spike O'Sullivan get Eubank Jr too)
Brook v Khan
GGG v Cotto
Coyle v Campbell

GGG is a brilliant fight. He will fight anywhere. Him v Froch now that would be a fight I want to see. I think Cotto will avoid him. Andy Lee will take on the fight if the money is right but wont last 6 rounds. Lee has some power but lacks a chin. Also with him in with Peter Qullian and if he wins then BJS that fight just wont happen for some time.

Sure next week Carl Frampton is fighting Avlos on ITV 4 i think for the World title so more boxing on free to air tv to look forward to.

yeseye said:
leighton said:
Looking forward to seeing Frampton tonight should be a good fight Carl by Ko.
Getting Box Nation on from 7 and will tune into Framptons @11. Got a load of Stella's , 5 or 6 Hours of Boxing, Misery gone out with her lover so no distractions, Happy Days.

Whats the line up on box nation pal? Any decent fights?

uwe rosler 28 said:
yeseye said:
leighton said:
Looking forward to seeing Frampton tonight should be a good fight Carl by Ko.
Getting Box Nation on from 7 and will tune into Framptons @11. Got a load of Stella's , 5 or 6 Hours of Boxing, Misery gone out with her lover so no distractions, Happy Days.

Whats the line up on box nation pal? Any decent fights?

Eubank Jr and Fury both fighting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.