The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

I wish her the absolute best wishes.
Having to deal with this news and also a young family who need to be told, whilst putting up with the absolute whirlwind of shite social media speculation, must have been horrible.

Its up to her and her immediate family when we should be told, no fucker else.

She'll have the best oncologists in the land and I wish her well. Horrible thing to go through.

The press can fucking do one though. No need for this to be public, yet they pushed and pushed. It's hard with me juggling this horrible disease. I've told family obviously, friends and a couple of communities (here and another one)...but that's it. I can't image what it would be like with them bastards hounding you day after day.

It wsn't many years ago when we were told 1 in 4 would get cancer at some point in life. No idea why, but now it's 1 in 2.
Frightening
It's because people are living longer. So there's more older people getting cancer and knocking those stats right up. AND many people smoke and drink. Those stats don't relate specifically to YOU.
It's why we now have a high dementia rate, too. That and we understand it more now.
The better medical science gets, the higher those rates go up. Ironic in a twisted way, really.

She'll have the best oncologists in the land and I wish her well. Horrible thing to go through.

The press can fucking do one though. No need for this to be public, yet they pushed and pushed. It's hard with me juggling this horrible disease. I've told family obviously, friends and a couple of communities (here and another one)...but that's it. I can't image what it would be like with them bastards hounding you day after day.

I suspect the announcement has been delayed until the kids broke up for Easter to save them weeks and weeks of being hounded and papped - imagine having a job that you'd do that to anyone - utter scum

Awful news and I hope she recovers soon.

I hope the absolute fuckwits and ghouls who hounded the poor girl on social media, cracked jokes and shared conspiracy theories are proud of themselves.

She deserves privacy and you’ve got to feel for Will and the kids too, having a parent and a spouse sick with this awful disease at the same time doesn’t bear thinking about.

It wsn't many years ago when we were told 1 in 4 would get cancer at some point in life. No idea why, but now it's 1 in 2.
Frightening
It's because people are living longer. So there's more older people getting cancer and knocking those stats right up. AND many people smoke and drink. Those stats don't relate specifically to YOU.
It's why we now have a high dementia rate, too. That and we understand it more now.
The better medical science gets, the higher those rates go up. Ironic in a twisted way, really.

It is becoming more common for younger people now, which is doubly frightening. There are many theories as to why, which are more appropriate for another thread in Off Topic, but Kate's diagnosis is another horrible example of increasing prevalence. So hard to think about as I look at my near three year-old playing on the floor in front me.

An educated guess from her statement:
Likely that something was identified at the start and not confirmed as cancer.
Had the operation to remove it.
Subsequent tests show it was cancerous.
Waited until she'd recovered from the operation before any further treatment.

So it might be preventative in case there's something left.
Exactly what happened to the missus. Had MRI, CT and PET scans but none could confirm it so they operated anyway and diagnosed it 6 weeks after the operation. Luckily in her case they were confident they’d got it all so no treatment necessary, just occasional scans to confirm she’s staying in the clear. Recovery timescales are very similar as well. Very lucky it was found at a very early stage and hopefully the same applies to Kate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.