The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

You don't--there was false information provided to the public throughout based on Kate's statement. The entire affair was mishandled (I don't place much blame on her or William, to be honest, as they had more pressing issues to attend), which made things more difficult for her and her family. As I said even before this unfortunate confirmation, their advisers (and the RH more broadly) should be held to account for their incredibly poor handling of the situation, especially when it is compared to how Charles' cancer diagnosis and treatment was managed.

Mishandled how? To whose standards?

People were repeatedly asked to wait. They were given an Easter timeframe for updates. They refused to wait and went nuts with theories. And 'calls' for answers.

The only mishandling was the media latching onto the speculation for clicks, and the sheer entitlement of some parts of the public.

Anyway, that at this point seems hardly relevant. Other than, if people STILL look to make a fucking meal of it to be fucking controversial, mere hours after that announcement.

In which case those individuals should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Terrible news . Cancer doesn’t discriminate anybody horrible bastard of a disease . Hope she recovers

People were repeatedly asked to wait. They were given an Easter timeframe for updates. They refused to wait and went nuts with theories. And 'calls' for answers.

The only mishandling was the media latching onto the speculation for clicks, and the sheer entitlement of some parts of the public.

Anyway, that at this point seems hardly relevant. Other than, if people STILL look to make a fucking meal of it to be fucking controversial, mere hours after that announcement.

I have spoken at length previously about how it was mishandled. And why it matters (and is still relevant now--perhaps even more so, because the shambolic handling brought more stress and hardship on Kate, William, and their children), so I don't want to get in to another argument about it. Feel free to search my username in this thread if you would like to know my thoughts.

I have always tried to take a balanced, compassionate approach to the discussion, so no idea why you'd seemingly suggest I am among those that should be ashamed of themselves.

Well bloody said

I have spoken at length previously about how it was mishandled. And why it matters (and is still relevant now--perhaps even more so, because the shambolic handling brought more stress and hardship on Kate, William, and their children), so I don't want to get in to another argument about it. Feel free to search my username in this thread if you would like to know my thoughts.

I have always tried to take a balanced, compassionate approach to the discussion, so no idea why you'd seemingly suggest I am among those that should be ashamed of themselves.
Happy to revisit this if needed (won't really be), but now is just not the time. The suggestion you read into really isn't as strong as you took it to be, or intentionlly aimed at you. But otherwise, I stand by what I said, and similarly have done on occasion through this. But lets disagree when the dust settles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.