The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

On a basic human level it isn’t too much to ask. In reality, it was never going to work in a world of 24/7 media. An earlier announcement may have stifled a lot of spurious and at times bizarre speculation. It may have meant she didn’t have to release a video which is probably the last thing you need when battling serious illness.

In any event, what’s done is done. It’s a private family issue now and that is where it should remain.

If you asked them now, I’m sure they’d have put out different messages in January and Mother’s Day. They unwittingly sparked a massive social media craze which is about as far away as it gets from the privacy and peace and quiet they wanted

To err is human!

Besides it seems kind of fitting that the monarchy is about 10 years behind with social media PR.

Feel for William having both his father and wife going through it at the same time.

Best wishes to all of them.
Yep. Horrible having one loved one battling that awful illness. To have two going through it at the same time is a shitty hand to be dealt. Yes; they can afford the best of care. I'm not sure that'll do muchease the anguish that William must be going through at the moment.

Mail online has already posted article asking if Harry should fly back prompting a load of anti-Harry comments. I posted a response questioning their motives. It was gone in less than a minute. They’re utter scum.

Mail online has already posted article asking if Harry should fly back prompting a load of anti-Harry comments. I posted a response questioning their motives. It was gone in less than a minute. They’re utter scum.
It's what the media as a whole do. They feed off situations like this; a celebrity going through a difficult time. Exceedingly disappointing. But surprising? No, not really.

I’d reckon that most people nosying and conspiring are tongue in cheekers, trying to have a laugh about a system of humans which doesn’t make much sense to the average person.

It’s obvious that anyone who can feel an ounce of compassion is saddened by any form of cancer to any person, any illnesses, troubles etc for that matter, be lovely if, as a species, we could channel all our gazillions of cash into actual things that helped people.

My mum died at 42 of cancer. Devastation beyond you can ever imagine.
For those in the media speculating, sensationalising and downright lying about Kate. Shame on you, shame on you.
I hope and pray for your recovery and I’m sorry you’ve had to share such sensitive news.
As someone that has been through the trauma of a parent leaving us prematurely, I really hope that William and the children do not have to go through the same devastating loss.
Our media is truly rotten.

Dan Wooten and Laurence Fox have done similar within minutes of the story breaking (I don’t follow either). It’s so depressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.