The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

I wish her well and hope that she takes the time to care about herself as well as others.

Having been told this week that my youngest brother, 20 yrs younger than me, has been diagnosed with Cancer I can understand them wanting to keep it private. Listening to my siblings and the different way each of them is coping and coming to terms with it you really can understand what Catherine and her family are going through.
I'm sorry hear that EB. My thoughts go out to you and your brother's family.

I’m glad that the speculation will stop for her now and that she can convalesce in peace.

Hopefully the procedure has been successful and that she makes a full recovery.

Really tough time for William too, with both his wife and father fighting such a horrible disease concurrently.

And a brother he doesn’t speak too.

That’s a lot to take.

I wish her well and hope that she takes the time to care about herself as well as others.

Having been told this week that my youngest brother, 20 yrs younger than me, has been diagnosed with Cancer I can understand them wanting to keep it private. Listening to my siblings and the different way each of them is coping and coming to terms with it you really can understand what Catherine and her family are going through.
Sending you and your brother positive vibes fellow blue. My wife was diagnosed with incurable lung cancer 2 and a half years ago. She's doing great, she's remained positive throughout which goes a long way to your health and wellbeing. Stay strong, stay positive and remember you're not alone and there's always someone looking out for you.

I'm sorry hear that EB. My thoughts go out to you and your brother's family.
Thank you @jimharri and @Jamshopbridge. My sister died of Cancer, it was a long time ago but it still lingers. Strangely enough it is the youngest sister and the youngest brother.
There are (were) 10 of us ranging from 82 to 62 yrs of age and we are aware how lucky we are as a family not to have lost more of us if that makes sense.
:-) :-)

Last edited:
Thank you @jimharri and @Jamshopbridge. My sister died of Cancer, it was a long time ago but it still lingers. Strangely enough it is the youngest sister and the youngest brother.
There are (were) 10 of us ranging from 82 to 62 yrs of age and we are aware his lucky we are as a family not to have lost more of us if that makes sense.
:-) :-)
Cancer is no respecter of age, unfortunately. Or, as today's development has shown, of "status".

On a basic human level it isn’t too much to ask. In reality, it was never going to work in a world of 24/7 media. An earlier announcement may have stifled a lot of spurious and at times bizarre speculation. It may have meant she didn’t have to release a video which is probably the last thing you need when battling serious illness.

In any event, what’s done is done. It’s a private family issue now and that is where it should remain.

I'm sorry, can't agree. There is no right way to tell people you have cancer. Or right time to do it. It is highly individual and should be supported whatever the choice of that individual/family.

I've said all along, whatever it was, they owed nothing to anyone and certainly not to social media mobs. 'Could have all been settled sooner' a, could it fuck, it just would have led to more, b, for whose fucking benefit, they don't need to dance to anyone's tune, particularly when dealing with something like that.

I'm sorry, can't agree. There is no right way to tell people you have cancer. Or right time to do it. It is highly individual and should be supported whatever the choice of that individual/family.

I've said all along, whatever it was, they owed nothing to anyone and certainly not to social media mobs. 'Could have all been settled sooner' a, could it fuck, it just would have led to more, b, for whose fucking benefit, they don't need to dance to anyone's tune, particularly when dealing with something like that.
I agree completely that the timescale for when this was announced should have been theirs alone, particularly given the age of their children. Equally, I think putting out that Photoshopped picture, and then getting her to justify it, was clearly a mistake from whoever made that call. It only fuelled this maelstrom that has angered so many. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.