The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

I agree completely that the timescale for when this was announced should have been theirs alone, particularly given the age of their children. Equally, I think putting out that Photoshopped picture, and then getting her to justify it, was clearly a mistake from whoever made that call. It only fuelled this maelstrom that has angered so many. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

And forced her to do a video rather than a written statement. She had to be seen to be believed as a result. But equally, it is very hard to predict just how much what is probably a minor mistake or choice can spiral these days.

Reactions: Ric
I agree completely that the timescale for when this was announced should have been theirs alone, particularly given the age of their children. Equally, I think putting out that Photoshopped picture, and then getting her to justify it, was clearly a mistake from whoever made that call. It only fuelled this maelstrom that has angered so many. The two things are not mutually exclusive.
We don't know anything, least of all that she was told to justify it.
Maybe she decided it was her mistake and, therefore, she should "own" it, rather than throwing someone to the wolves.
They can't win.

Maybe she decided it was her mistake and, therefore, she should "own" it, rather than throwing someone to the wolves.
They can't win.
That‘s the crux of it though. We don’t know anything. In this digital age of instant reaction and speculation, what Kate has done today is stop all this nonsense around her and everyone is now rooting for her recovery.

We don’t know whether she was rushed into doing the video or not either.

What we do know, with hindsight, is that the doctored photograph did no favours to them and poured petrol onto an already active topic of interest.

My mum died at 42 of cancer. Devastation beyond you can ever imagine.
For those in the media speculating, sensationalising and downright lying about Kate. Shame on you, shame on you.
I hope and pray for your recovery and I’m sorry you’ve had to share such sensitive news.
As someone that has been through the trauma of a parent leaving us prematurely, I really hope that William and the children do not have to go through the same devastating loss.
Our media is truly rotten.
The media is truly rotten as you say. It's inevitable we lose are parents I'm lucky enough to have my mum and dad are still alive in there 70's. They still help me out and I am 50. The day they go will be a sad day for me I love them.

That‘s the crux of it though. We don’t know anything. In this digital age of instant reaction and speculation, what Kate has done today is stop all this nonsense around her and everyone is now rooting for her recovery.

We don’t know whether she was rushed into doing the video or not either.

What we do know, with hindsight, is that the doctored photograph did no favours to them and poured petrol onto an already active topic of interest.
I think people need to get a life. It was a doctored photo, it wasn't something like the Spitting Image skit over Beshnev's cobwebbed corpse sat a meeting.

They can't win.

I don’t see why her PR team is deserving of sympathy. A PR team is paid to cop the flak. A PR team is paid to prevent their employer who is recovering from surgery, and coping with a shock diagnosis of cancer and the subsequent treatment, from photoshopping images and posting them on line to a worldwide audience who are already in speculation overdrive.

And then they let the cancer patient take the fall?

In my opinion her team let her down. The team is employed to protect her, not the other way round.

I agree, and it's pretty horrible.
Yep.

It happens to anyone in the limelight. Remember Peter Kay dropping off the radar and all the stuff chatted about him.

The genie is out of the bottle and I can’t see it ever returning, unless social media is banned.

That’s why I was vocal about them releasing a short message, killing all the speculation instantly and everyone now pretty much united in wishing her well.

We didn’t need to know, but they needed us to know, so that they could be left in peace. Sadly, that’s how it works these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.