The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

I don’t see why her PR team is deserving of sympathy. A PR team is paid to cop the flak. A PR team is paid to prevent their employer who is recovering from surgery, and coping with a shock diagnosis of cancer and the subsequent treatment, from photoshopping images and posting them on line to a worldwide audience who are already in speculation overdrive.

And then they let the cancer patient take the fall?

In my opinion her team let her down. The team is employed to protect her, not the other way round.
Maybe she wanted to put the record straight herself?
Like I've said, everything is sheer conjecture.

Ultimately the Royal Family is like a real life version of The Truman Show. Everything they do will be scrutinised by someone, its celebrity culture but at its highest level, and some people are obsessive about it, particularly in their support and criticism of individual members.

Everyone to an extent forgets they’re just a family and still people, be it talking about Katherine and William or Meghan and Harry, unless it suits the narrative they personally hold about them.

Maybe she wanted to put the record straight herself?
Like I've said, everything is sheer conjecture.

I guess I’m sceptical. I can’t shake the feeling the woman was badly advised/let down by the people around her. But that is just my opinion. Nothing more than that.

I'm no fan but had talk shite on when they stopped to bring the announcement.
The fact she / The Firm felt compelled to issue the statement is a very sad indictment of the UK media and idiots on social media.

My heart went out to her (as it would if I learnt anyone, let alone a mother of 3 kids was diagnosed with cancer) as she made that speech.
Shame to those forcing her into doing.so just because they felt entitled to know her personal details and in doing so created their own theories in a desperate bid for attention / likes / clicks

I do agree with the op but at the same time i hope if people do really now think the media is rotten, some reflect that that was the case with Harry and Meghan too and also the media is just a reflection of us as a society at times.

Too many people have forgot that they’re all ultimately just people and a family.

My sympathies and best wishes are with all of them.

If you read this thread and the opinions of posters side by side with the Meghan and Harry thread, it would certainly leave you feeling like WTF?

Unbelievable Jeff!

If you read this thread and the opinions of posters side by side with the Meghan and Harry thread, it would certainly leave you feeling like WTF?

Unbelievable Jeff!
A bit like reading the Israel/Palistine & Ukraine thread, Definitely a WTF moment regarding posters.

Likely a little shit at the hospital was going to reveal the confidential details of her health. She did the right thing and took charge of her position.

I agree completely that the timescale for when this was announced should have been theirs alone, particularly given the age of their children. Equally, I think putting out that Photoshopped picture, and then getting her to justify it, was clearly a mistake from whoever made that call. It only fuelled this maelstrom that has angered so many. The two things are not mutually exclusive.
Sure. But this whole thing has been one big highlighting of utter hypocrisy of punters. On the one hand, shouting 'we live in a digital/social media age, if we demand updates they must provide them now'. And on the other, moaning that using readily available, but still pretty crude, editing that is now a desirable part of every phone released, is wrong. Guess what, we live in a digital/social mediaage where people edit their bloody photos, almost immediately after taking them. It is also hypocritical to produce/share speculation and conspiracies, and then blame them for 'fueling' it, which a lot hid behind.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.