The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

That‘s the crux of it though. We don’t know anything. In this digital age of instant reaction and speculation, what Kate has done today is stop all this nonsense around her and everyone is now rooting for her recovery.

We don’t know whether she was rushed into doing the video or not either.

What we do know, with hindsight, is that the doctored photograph did no favours to them and poured petrol onto an already active topic of interest.

You know what, if any of this makes even 2% of the public think about their behaviour, and proclamations, in this 'digital age' we live in, then they Have done society quite a big favour in my opinion.

I'm no fan but had talk shite on when they stopped to bring the announcement.
The fact she / The Firm felt compelled to issue the statement is a very sad indictment of the UK media and idiots on social media.

My heart went out to her (as it would if I learnt anyone, let alone a mother of 3 kids was diagnosed with cancer) as she made that speech.
Shame to those forcing her into doing.so just because they felt entitled to know her personal details and in doing so created their own theories in a desperate bid for attention / likes / clicks

I’m not sure exactly what the press have been accused of, as I see very little of it these days.

But when your job is basically making highly publicised public visits and you suddenly completely disappear from public view, it’s inevitable people are going to speculate on the reasons, until they’re told the actual reason.

I hope she makes a full recovery anyway.

I’m not sure exactly what the press have been accused of, as I see very little of it these days.

But when your job is basically making highly publicised public visits and you suddenly completely disappear from public view, it’s inevitable people are going to speculate on the reasons, until they’re told the actual reason.

I hope she makes a full recovery anyway.

They were told the reason though. And the timeframe. They were told she had sugery, and that an Easter recovery was expected. They even re-stated it, that it was on track for then. No more is needed, and certainly nobody's to determine whether it is enough, whether it is true etc, or to demand more.

A lot are saying, they could have 'stopped' all this with an earlier announcement etc. But bet a lot of those would be arguing, when an early announcement ultimately would have led to just as much shit, that they should have delayed an announcement and handled it more patiently.

For the record, I am not claiming they handled it well. Or badly. I am arguing that it is not for anyone to decide how it should or should have been handled, that the wider public and society have been very needy and entitled, and that the media have exploited the lot. If anyone should be blamed for 'fueling' anything, the media's role can't go unmentioned here.

You know what, if any of this makes even 2% of the public think about their behaviour, and proclamations, in this 'digital age' we live in, then they Have done society quite a big favour in my opinion.
It won’t have changed anything. You may well be right, but society won’t change. Gossip has always happened; it’s just written down online now, instead of being verbal in pubs, workplaces etc.

It won’t have changed anything. You may well be right, but society won’t change. Gossip has always happened; it’s just written down online now, instead of being verbal in pubs, workplaces etc.
Not only that, but folk can make a lot of money from it. Gossiping to 5 mates down the pub is one thing, sharing your David Ike-esk views / theories on line is another. Those likes, clicks and shares is all about kerching!

Bit of a shocker when i saw the news last night , clearly the drs operated and took margins and the tests revealed cancer cells , the statement they put out at the start was before the results came through , i dont agree they could have told us sooner , she has kids to care for as well as digesting the news themselves , i wish her the best , it sounds promising at least

I have lost all my family bar one brother to cancer , my other brother died last year and mum and dad some years ago of the same . It is a bastard of a disease

As an nurse i know things happen in threes , fergie had breast cancer last year and had a mastectomy and now has skin cancer , that family is really going throught it ,thoughts with everyone in the same boat

Have to feel for her and the children, not a royalist by any stretch but ultimately they are just people at the end of the day and situations like this reinforce it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.