the Carling Cup - mad hatter NY

i dread the thought of missing any city match, lol
so by my timings above should be ok, if it is set for thurs. we have spurs on the sunday, so guessing will be thurs?

I've been there. Great Barmaid.

Its a bit hidden and as there are other bars near, cab drivers tend to get confused.

CB

You have made a wise choice!!

The Mad Hatter THE only City pub in NYC. Lots of memorabilia, Blue Moon on draft and some of the friendliest guys I know. You will be welcomed by them all!

They have facebook page, message forum for further info

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/</a>

Easy to find, down 3rd Ave and just off corner of 26th St. If City game is on live on ESPN America or Fox Soccer they will show game live, sometimes they are shown on delay. Just email them and ask.

You are about 10 mins in cab from Times Square/Broadway so plenty of time to get backk for show.

Have a great time and say hi from Jon & Cathy

ReturnoftheMac said:
Gonna be there on Sat for the Norwich game. Anyone here been there ??

I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.

I'm over in March on a field trip that clashes with Sunderland at home. Given that I'm only 19, would I be allowed in on my own or would I have to bring someone 21 or over with me?

Gyppo said:
I'm over in March on a field trip that clashes with Sunderland at home. Given that I'm only 19, would I be allowed in on my own or would I have to bring someone 21 or over with me?

All ages welcome. You don't need a chaperone. The owner is Irish so we don't exactly play by the US rules when it comes to going to the pub. Just this past Sunday we had a stirring rendition of OOOOHHHHH BALOTELLI started by a 3-4 year old.

grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:

I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.

Hi Grandsolo.

It was great to meet you all on Sunday. We had a brilliant time accompanying you all on the Santa Stroll.

We got in just before the game against the dippers and there was a cracking atmosphere. We were made to feel very welcome.

Grandsolo, Lostockblue took some brilliant pics and we will send them to you as soon as we can.

Regards to all

grandsolo said:
Gyppo said:

All ages welcome. You don't need a chaperone. The owner is Irish so we don't exactly play by the US rules when it comes to going to the pub. Just this past Sunday we had a stirring rendition of OOOOHHHHH BALOTELLI started by a 3-4 year old.

Thanks for the info mate ... See you in March!

grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:

Hi grandsolo, unfortunately we are Scots not Mancs but have been supporting City for over 30 years and get to as much games as we can (me and my brother). As the game is a 3 o'clock kick off it will be 10:00 am there....will the bar open for it do you know ?? Really looking forward to getting there as it sounds good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.