the Carling Cup - mad hatter NY

grandsolo said:
Corky said:
Out of interest how much is it a pint, bottle, double spirit etc?

It seems like most places in the world have extortionate pubs/bars these days.

Very reasonable for NYC. Pints are around $6

Similar price at the Emirates!

Corky said:
grandsolo said:
Corky said:
Out of interest how much is it a pint, bottle, double spirit etc?

It seems like most places in the world have extortionate pubs/bars these days.

Mate if you want to order a mixed drink or a "short" as you lot say, you wont have to order a double.....just be certain to tip the bartender a buck a round and she will take care of you!!!! We even have a thing called the "buy back"!!! Told my English mates about that and they couldnt believe it!!!

I saw the Spurs away game there 2 years ago... it was CRAP.

might have had something to do with the game. Because it was a friendly place with a number of blues there.

I'd go back. If we lose again though, I'm striking it off my list.

Goats left knee said:
it is now 06:31 in new york so 5hrs behind
booked a show for 8pm on the thursday of carling cup week (leg 2)

so if it kicks off at 8pm uk time, it should be 3pm NY (over at roughly 5pm) so i should be ok

First drink at midday, you'll be struggling to walk by 8pm. ;)

grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:
grandsolo said:
I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.

Hi grandsolo, unfortunately we are Scots not Mancs but have been supporting City for over 30 years and get to as much games as we can (me and my brother). As the game is a 3 o'clock kick off it will be 10:00 am there....will the bar open for it do you know ?? Really looking forward to getting there as it sounds good.

The Hatter will be open for the match & it will be shown live starting at 10AM. If we score 2 or more you'll see the Hatter Poznan. Scots are fully wecome :)

Hey Grandsolo

Did you hear that there were some good pics of you lot in the match programme for the Newcastle game? Taken the day of the 6-1, decent one of you outside the bar. Best to jonesy

Frank the Yank said:
Corky said:
grandsolo said:

Mate if you want to order a mixed drink or a "short" as you lot say, you wont have to order a double.....just be certain to tip the bartender a buck a round and she will take care of you!!!! We even have a thing called the "buy back"!!! Told my English mates about that and they couldnt believe it!!!

Like that in most of mainland Europe, not here though, our measures hardly wet the glass.

Went in there when we drew 1-1 with Birmingham. Great atmosphere for the game. Got myself a lucky t shirt that later went to the FA cup final. Nicely poured pint too. Jonesy is a little bit mental but that only adds to the atmosphere !. Its definitely my local when in New York

Was in NY for a business trip. Best pub watching City experience I have ever had. My sister and mother gave up on another shopping trip to watch the game and had the time of their lives too.

It was City vs Blackpool last year, and that moment that Silva danced around those 3 players and curled it into the side netting was a great moment. The place went mental

Great place, good people, good food, nice barmaid. Just remember when you pull up in the cab, it is exactly across the road from where you think it should be, so if your a bit lost and confused, just look across the road. (I felt so stupid.)

If I am ever in NYC thats where I am watching my City.

LongsightM13 said:
grandsolo said:
ReturnoftheMac said:
Gonna be there on Sat for the Norwich game. Anyone here been there ??

I'm a regular at the Hatter (I'm the one usually screaming at the ref). Great City pub, lots of Mancs great atmosphere. Ask for myself or Jonesey & we will make sure you feel at home. Kim the bartender is awesome as well.
Hello mate. Do you know Neil from Longsight (Boyley) who goes in the Hatter? An old mate of mine since primary school. He was the one with the red hair and old school City shirt who staggered out of the bar and started ballooning in the street with the two black dudes after the cup final, on that YouTube video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFbipzaT3A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
Salfordpaul off here is his cousin.

That's me with the Colin Bell signed top screaming BEST TEAM IN THE LAND & ALL THE WORLD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.